Eurodam - cabin size

Fishndawg

I've been reading a lot about the new Eurodam. Can experienced HAL cruisers who have sailed both Eurodam and other HAL ships compare the cabin sizes? I think I read where the Eurodam's cabins are much smaller than other classes of HAL ships. I'm especially interested in balcony cabins in VE or VA category. THX

I've been reading a lot about the new Eurodam. Can experienced HAL cruisers who have sailed both Eurodam and other HAL ships compare the cabin sizes? I think I read where the Eurodam's cabins are much smaller than other classes of HAL ships. I'm especially interested in balcony cabins in VE or VA category. THX
The Eurodam is essentially a Vista v2.0, and cabin sizes are all essentially the same as on the Vistas - except, of course the new cabin classes: VQ, V, VT, CA, IA.

The E'dam, like the Vistas, has smaller cabins than the R & S class ships. If you are fine with the size of the Vista cabins, you'll be fine on the E'dam. We just prefer the larger cabins on the R & S ships.

On the E'dam Inaugural, there were some first time HAL cruisers who had heard that the cabins on HAL were larger (and had more storage) than cabins on other lines. They were greatly disappointed.

We had a VA cabin on the Eurodam and it was OK. Storage space is minimal, that is--no drawers to speak of--had to use fold-down shelves in closets. Here is a picture of the cabin facing the verandah:

355676362_3WXqx-M.jpg

The Vista/Signature cabins are always smaller than the comparable category on the S- and R-classes.

Think of the V-categories on the Vistas as comparable to the mini-suites on the older classes---and therefore smaller.

The deluxe verandah VA category on the Eurodam is 197 sq. ft (+47 sq. ft. balcony)!

DW & I are booked in such a category for our upcoming Canada/New England cruise. Seems like adequate accomodation to me in terms of square footage!

The deluxe verandah VA category on the Eurodam is 197 sq. ft (+47 sq. ft. balcony)!

DW & I are booked in such a category for our upcoming Canada/New England cruise. Seems like adequate accomodation to me in terms of square footage!

Interesting ... on the Vistas, similar stateroom categories (VA thru VH) are a total of 249 sq ft. Those cabins are 176 sq ft plus a 73 sq ft balcony.

Archived