Jose-Segway Tours

chuck35550

I promised Jose that there would be kudos for him on the boards, once we returned home. We booked Jose over the net and he never asked for credit card or any type of pre-booking payment. Jose is located on Pier 2 in San Juan to the left of our docking area. Jose would not take any payment or limit our tour time. He took plenty of time to acquaint us with the Segway and then proceeded to provide us with in-depth knowledge of his country. We have toured San Juan on numerous occasions and thought we pretty well knew much about the island...until we met Jose. When we got 45 minutes into the tour, Jose asked us what we wanted to do....2 hours of course! Loved it, loved it, loved it! Try it....I promise you want be disappointed.

Chuck

Another vote for Jose and his Segway tour! Some of my friends have a bit of difficulty walking long distances. This was a perfect option! We have wonderful photos because they carried our cameras for us and took pictures as we went along.

All the people we passed asked if we were having fun. The answer was a big YES!

http://www.segwaytourspr.com/ Here is the shortcut to Jose. Just go to the pier marked 2 and head down into the mall area (next to Subway) and you will see his store front on the left hand side. Jose said his excursion would be offered through RC beginning November 08, but would be limited number of people per tour. HTH.

Chuck

I'm going to try and make reservations without RCCL getting involved as they have to get a cut$$$ on all tours that they offer.

I also want to be sure that they have enough segways available for my family.

Thanks for the info. It looks like an awesome day to have.

I'm going to try and make reservations without RCCL getting involved as they have to get a cut$$$ on all tours that they offer.

I also want to be sure that they have enough segways available for my family.

Thanks for the info. It looks like an awesome day to have.

Can anyone tell me how far ahead we need reservations. We arrive in San Juan the night before our cruise. We will spend the morning of our cruise touring Old San Juan on our own and walking. Then the following week when we come back we want to do the segway tour, only if we feel we didn't see enough of the city the first day. Would we be able to do this last minute.

What times does the tour run??

Waterbug,

We did the 3:00 2 hr tour and I think the other times were 9 and 12. He also does the 45 min tour...when we were leaving a family walked into the office and asked Jose if he was available for a tour...this was about 5:30 and he took them. I think it will be hit or miss if you wait...why not book it and then cancel right before your cruise if you don't need to see more? He doesn't take a cc or any kind of deposit. But even if you think you saw enough, you will see different things with Jose. He tells you so much about Old San Juan and he takes load of pics for you...plus riding the Segway is great fun! (and it sure beats walking) :D

http://www.segwaytourspr.com/ Here is the shortcut to Jose. Just go to the pier marked 2 and head down into the mall area (next to Subway) and you will see his store front on the left hand side. Jose said his excursion would be offered through RC beginning November 08, but would be limited number of people per tour. HTH.

Chuck

Thanks. This is good to know. We booked directly with Jose for Thanksgiving day. Recently, RCCL listed excursions, and this one was on it. I contacted him because we did not want to be on the ship tour. He responded, and he is getting more segways and hiring more people to handle the cruise ship excursions. I'm glad it will be a limited number of people.

BTW, the ship tacks on an extra $20pp for this excursion.

Just an FYI, we're doing Liberty in January and RC just added the Segway tour. I don't like to book excursions through them though, so I contacted Jose directly through the link on his web page. When he got back to me, I was unable to book through him. He reserves all the spots for cruise line reservations when we'll be there :( :( :( I booked it any way through RC since I've heard such great things about Jose, but for the 3 of us, it's an extra $75!!! So in a nutshell if you're going to be arriving on a cruise ship when the ships offers this tour, you wont be able to book directly through him to save money based on the response I got from him....Hopefully it will be worth it, from what I've heard it will be ;)

So for all you experienced cruisers. Can we make the 9AM on the day of departure?? I know we don't dock in Old San Juan, so we would also need to figure in the time it takes for a taxi to get us there. I don't think we would have enough time to do the 12 one, we have a 3:30 flight home

Interestingly enough, when we were at Catalina two weeks ago, we opted out of doing an excursions, but did see that there were excursion places there. Turns out that the place we went into is the exact same place that RCL books their tours through AND the price was IDENTICAL to on board!

Just an FYI :)

Archived