Hosted Singles Cruises on a Certain Website?

elycelynne

Since we're not allowed to mention any outside entities, I'll do my best to drop clues and hopefully someone will be as clever as a fox and be able to figure it out and answer my question.

I saw a couple of sailings on a large website (one that offers all manner of trips) that catered to "baby boomers" (but also had them for all ages as well) that had a host and a co-host. My only past experiences have been with the defunct "Singleworld", which were nice, but also seemed a bit insulated in that there were a lot of special activities within the group and not a lot of time to mingle with the ship's general population (that sounds so prison-like!).

So I'm just wondering if anyone has been on one of these hosted singles cruises vacations who could tell me if it would be a good idea to go?

Please note the title description of this forum toward the top of the page:

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

Note it says line, not agent, agency, or other cruise-related site or message board.

Also, please remember the Guidelines we all agreed to follow with our free membership:

... There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted...

... Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic...

... Only official Cruise Critic Group Cruises may be promoted anywhere on our cruise forums. This includes graphics, links, banners and references to any non-Cruise Critic Group Cruise. Any promotional material posted on the forums about non-Cruise Critic Group Cruises will be removed without notice...

Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts. This includes asking for further info by e-mail or offering to send the info by e-mail.

082502btw_prv.gif, per the Guidelines, this thread should be removed at once. However, I closed the thread and will leave it on the forum for a reasonable length of time so you can see this reply and not wonder what happened.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Archived