Ideas for picture taking!

krznkim

I always love to get photos of the wake, a life ring showing the ships name, our meals (they always look SO good!), our waiter, a sign showing the name of each port and the ship's logo on the funnel. I also like to play with the camera and use different angles on the same images. I've ended up with some great artistic photos by turning the camera around a little :)

On one of our cruises, our granddaughter asked us to take "Traveling Ted", a paper doll, and bring back a picture of him somewhere on our cruise for a scool project. Well, we wound up taking pictures of him everywhere we went. Unfortunately, halfway thru the cruise, Ted fell overboard from the balcony. So I had to print my pictures onboard and then went to the front desk to ask them to make a copy and blow it up so I could cut out a new Ted. You couldn't tell the difference in the pictures so I thought I was saved. But then Krystal wanted him back for the bulletin board at school. I was busted! But the true story of losing Ted overboard and him being "saved" at sea made for a very good ship story to tell. And I made Krystal a scrapbook of all of his adventures which was a big hit at school. I was a little afraid that this would turn out to be a bit of a pain (after all, we are on vacation). But it turned out to be a riot. Bigred

I loved the bed jump pics!!!! Sorry Mom and Dad if your watching form up there, but I gotta do this next time.

And I have a teeny tiny gnome that goes everywhere with us. Was gifted a bear that sings "Hot, hot, hot" that's going with us this time. Walter Bear.

• 2 weeks later...

omg, i love those bed jumping pics! i'm SO doing that. wonder if anyone has hit their head on the ceiling???

one pic i like taking came from other pics i saw here on CC. while sitting on a chair with your feet on the railing take a pic of the water with your feet in the pic. it just reminds me of total relaxation.

I took pics of EVEYRTHING! (over 900 pics for an 11 day cruise - our first). One of my faves is of an open area of decking with the sea out the back. We also took pics as we went under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, a lone seagull flying overhead on a sea day, different angles of the ship, eg looking up at her while standing right next to her at port; the ship's clocks near the Purser's Desk, the flags blowing in the breeze, DH and our friend playing quoits, a pic of the 'you are here' ship's layout, cloud formations (saw some beauties). Also got some great ideas from this thread before we left so got pics of toes in sand, the wake, the life preserver, the food, and other fun pics. Here's a link to ours http://picasaweb.google.com.au/fridayenough/Cruise# (managed to cull it down to 250 :-)

• 5 weeks later...
I took pics of EVEYRTHING! (over 900 pics for an 11 day cruise - our first). One of my faves is of an open area of decking with the sea out the back. We also took pics as we went under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, a lone seagull flying overhead on a sea day, different angles of the ship, eg looking up at her while standing right next to her at port; the ship's clocks near the Purser's Desk, the flags blowing in the breeze, DH and our friend playing quoits, a pic of the 'you are here' ship's layout, cloud formations (saw some beauties). Also got some great ideas from this thread before we left so got pics of toes in sand, the wake, the life preserver, the food, and other fun pics. Here's a link to ours http://picasaweb.google.com.au/fridayenough/Cruise# (managed to cull it down to 250 :-)

Love the pic of Niki licking her plate. LOL, priceless!

I love to scrapbook but I'm pretty demanding on my creativity, so your tips are a great inspiration!

On one trip, while the family was standing on the side of a dock, I looked down to admire how clear the water was. Then I noticed all of our shadows and I took a pic. It really turned out well, and being that I love the clear water so much, it was an extra special pic!

I also cut a few pics into shapes if I can. Luggage, a ship, etc.

A great pic to take from the beach (if you tender) is to get the people to stand in the water with a view of the ship behind them in the distance.

I love to take natural shots, so if I can catch my kids quietly admiring something. I try to grab a few pics.

I also collect items with either the cruise line or ship name on it and place them in the album.

On the first page of each years cruise, I print a copy of the cruise details, cut it up and arrange it in such a way that the first page is a complete introduction of the album. The Capers is great to do this with too.

I'm going to follow this page for more ideas... thank you so much!

Archived