Celebrity's Bayaahibe Beach Break in DR

joyride

I know, this is a good question for the "Ports of Call" board, but I need a bigger audience! We are on the 11/20 Connie and have booked this excursion.

One of my fellow cruisers did this before and said there was a bit of confusion about what was included. Some people could go in the pool, others could not. They didn't know where to go to eat, etc.

Has anyone out there done this and can you shed some light? I know it is a day trip to a resort, but please tell me what is included.

Thanks!

This is info I received a little while ago that I posted on our discussion re: Millenium and it's stops. Hope this helps a bit....

Just thought I would share a letter I received from Sunscape Resort in Casa de Campo:

Sunscape Casa del Mar is on the south east coast of the Dominican Republic, in the La Romana area of “Bayahibe”, 20 minutes from the La Romana International Airport. Bayahibe, known throughout the world for the incredible golf at the Casa de Campo (“Teeth of the Dog”) Golf Course is just 30 minutes away.

Dear Cheryl,

First of all, it is a pleasure for us that you are considering to come to Sunscape Casa del Mar during your visit to our beautiful island.

The cost for the day pass is $1,600.00 Dominican Pesos, the price in american dollars (around 50.00) will be subject to the exchange rate at the moment you purchase it. The day pass includes meals, snacks, drinks, activities and non motorized water sports; it does not include any type of towel, thefore you may want to bring your own. It starts at 10.30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and can be paid directly at the resort, upon arrival.

May you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Warmest regards,

Shirley Sánchez

Gerente de Marca/ Branding Manager

Sunscape Casa del Mar La Romana

Tel. 221-8880 Fax 221-2776

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com

Thanks for the info. IBCRUSIN. I did look the resort up on the internet and it does look very nice. I would still like to hear a review from someone who has done this thru Celebrity.

Joyride

I did a search and found the following post:

"My family and I did the Bayhibibe Beach Break in April, and it was really terrific. The beach is just wonderful...warm water, warm sand, nice lounge chairs, etc. You take a bus ride to the Casa del Mar resort (check out their web site for more information). The grounds were manicured and had wonderful flowers, etc.

Once inside, you have access to a really nice, large pool and the beach. Since this is a private resort, there are no annoying vendors, just peaceful relaxation. They also have nice bathroom facilities and a large pavilion. All of your drinks are included. Food is extra. They also have a nice gift shop where you can purchase Dominican coffee (cheap!).

Make sure you get the bottled water. They were huge and included in the price. They also have wine, etc.

We had a fabulous time there."

Sounds perfect to us.

I purchased the Beach Break on the Celebrity site several weeks ago. It's a four hour excursion and we are in the DR from 1PM to 11PM.

Are you sure it's not in your docs? In mine it's on page 33 and says

"Casa De Campo, D.R." The beach break is on page 35 at the bottom. I would think your docs are just like mine if you are doing the Connie.

It sounds like this will be a great way to spend our first afternoon on the cruise!

I did a search and found the following post:

"My family and I did the Bayhibibe Beach Break in April, and it was really terrific. The beach is just wonderful...warm water, warm sand, nice lounge chairs, etc. You take a bus ride to the Casa del Mar resort (check out their web site for more information). The grounds were manicured and had wonderful flowers, etc.

Once inside, you have access to a really nice, large pool and the beach. Since this is a private resort, there are no annoying vendors, just peaceful relaxation. They also have nice bathroom facilities and a large pavilion. All of your drinks are included. Food is extra. They also have a nice gift shop where you can purchase Dominican coffee (cheap!).

Make sure you get the bottled water. They were huge and included in the price. They also have wine, etc.

We had a fabulous time there."

Do you know if these people purchased the Bayhibbe Beach break from Celebrity? I read the description on the Celebrity Shore Excursions and it does not mention drinks. Sounds like a good deal for $36 either way.

If excursion is to the Sunscape Casa Del Mar Resort in La Romana, it is an Apple 5* All-inclusive. Looks gorgeous from the pictures on the internet. Makes sense that drinks would be included unless they somehow distinguish between regular guests and daytrippers (as we call them at the Jersey shore). Does anyone know if excursion includes use of non-motorized water sports.

Archived