Radison at Port Canaveral

teacher2cruiser

I'd appreciate someone sharing their experiences with staying here and using the cruise parking package at Port Canaveral. How was the shuttle? I'm assuming they shuttle you back to your car when you return? We'll be driving from Mississippi, and we plan to arrive one day early in Port Canaveral. THANKS!

I didnt use the cruise package, because all you get extra is the $10 pp breakfast. We did the $99 online hot rate, which doesnt allow you to pick you room. When we arrived around 6 pm? I asked for 1st floor, quiet garden quiet and thats what they gave me. I was so happy. We especially love the antique ambiance and old Florida charm, with all the pink stucco and had fun fooling with the sleep number beds. Yes, they shuttle you. Call the front desk after you book and ask to be put on the earlier shuttle or it might be full by the time you get there, book it early.

Check out the North American Homeports-East Coast Departures and there's a whole thread about Florida. There's lots of info there. A lot of us have stayed at the Radisson. We'll be there again on 31 Oct.

We did this when we got married on the Glory. We had many cars that stayed there during the cruise and no one had any problems. Also, everyone loved the rooms and pool area. Just remember that you sign up for the shuttle when you check in, so if you want to go on the early shuttle you need to check in early.

We did this when we got married on the Glory. We had many cars that stayed there during the cruise and no one had any problems. Also, everyone loved the rooms and pool area. Just remember that you sign up for the shuttle when you check in, so if you want to go on the early shuttle you need to check in early.

Actually, you can sign up for the shuttle as soon as you book the room, I did and others did. If you wait until you check in, you might not get on the early shuttle. Most people sign up months ahead of time. Dont wait until you check in.

Check out the North American Homeports-East Coast Departures and there's a whole thread about Florida. There's lots of info there. A lot of us have stayed at the Radisson. We'll be there again on 31 Oct.

There's actually a sub-forum for Florida Departures. That's where I got all my pre-Glory info. Thread title is "I Work in Port Canaveral" and has everything you could possibly want to know about sailing from there.

The locals are great and very, very helpful.

I even posted a pic of the pizza we had from the restaurant next door!

we stayed here before our last cruise. Hotel was clean and in a great location. I would definitely stay here again with the kids!! Nice and safe area to walk and look around but we did NOT use the park/cruise stuff, we had a rental car. I got a great price thru priceline I think. Fire evacuation at 1am was a bit scarey but it was a false alarm thank goodness.

There's actually a sub-forum for Florida Departures. That's where I got all my pre-Glory info. Thread title is "I Work in Port Canaveral" and has everything you could possibly want to know about sailing from there.

The locals are great and very, very helpful.

I even posted a pic of the pizza we had from the restaurant next door!

That's what I meant when I said Florida thread. We've eaten and the pizza place and Zachary's. We've also had drinks at the tiki bar on both trips.

We've stayed here 3 times and every time it was a pleasure. Our friends left their car there during our cruise and it was fine.

One thing they offer at this hotel is a 2 bedroom/2 bath room. There's a small living room with a pull out sofa. Having the extra bath with two teen girls is a bonus, and it's more economical than getting two rooms. There's a Hertz car rental right out front, practically on the hotel grounds. Their continental breakfast is very good.

I'd appreciate someone sharing their experiences with staying here and using the cruise parking package at Port Canaveral. How was the shuttle? I'm assuming they shuttle you back to your car when you return? We'll be driving from Mississippi, and we plan to arrive one day early in Port Canaveral. THANKS!

You will love the hotel and the park/shuttle option! We had no problem getting the early shuttle to the port when we booked our room several months in advance. Upon our return to PC, we were told ahead of time where to meet the shuttle and it was no problem catching it back to the Radisson. The driver took us right back to our car since we were the only ones on the shuttle. (We were the last ones off the ship so most folks had already been shuttled back.)

Actually, you can sign up for the shuttle as soon as you book the room, I did and others did. If you wait until you check in, you might not get on the early shuttle. Most people sign up months ahead of time. Dont wait until you check in.

Sorry about that. When we stayed there in 2004 we tried to sign up ahead of time and were told they only let you at check in. They must have changed that.

A friend of mine stayed there the night before their recent Glory cruise. He had nothing but great things to say about it. Maybe I can get him to respond with some more specifics here on your thread. He goes by the name Ohmslaw if you see it.

Hi,

My DW and I have stayed there every time we cruise out of PC 4 times so far. Sign up for the shuttle service when you make your reservation. If you make it on line just call the desk to sign up for the shuttle at least two weeks out, if not sooner. We like the idea of having the Car in a secure parking area the Raddisson has by their convention hall. The pool are is nice to soak up the pre cruise atmosphere and you can see the ship when you awake in the morning. The breakfast is great. If you have time the night before go to Rusty's or Grill's on the waterway for dinner and then at sailaway you can see the resturaunt you had dinner at the night before! All positives about this. The rooms have sleepnumber beds. Enjoy your cruise.

We will not park at the Radisson and use their shuttle. Our experience with the shuttle was disorganization and since we were cruising on Fantasy and there was a larger RCCL ship going out, the guy loading basically ignored us and then gave us all kinds of garbage about where our shuttle was. He also made sure to keep loading RCCL passengers on each shuttle that came in. We finally left the Radisson an hour after our shuttle was supposed to be. He told us the van was late because of traffic-NOT TRUE. He said it was coming back with cruisers. When the van came back to the hotel finally after being gone for over an hour, the three guys that got out and unloaded liquor were so obvsiously not cruisers. We almost didn't get on that shuttle because at that point they had more people waiting. The guy was really rude to us and the other people on our shuttle weren't happy with him either. He got not tip, although we did tip the driver. They obviously were using the van for something else and felt lying to us was the way to go.

We parked at the pier last time and our car was perfectly safe. We're doing it again this trip. I also can leave the Radisson at 11 and not have to wait for their shuttles. They'll tell you they can't take you over before 11:30 which is not true. We were onboard Glory by 11:30.

We love the hotel, but not the shuttle service.

i just called to book the shuttle and they said the first one is at 11;30 and not before.. how did people get one sooner than that????

Really? Because when I called last night, I was given options of 10:00 am, 10:30 am, 11:00 am, 11:30 am etc.

In the past, when we signed up for the shuttle; we were asked what ship we were on. So maybe it has something to do with what terminal the particular ships are at.

We stay at the Radisson and use their parking and shuttle service each time we cruise out of Canaveral.

Wish we had one planned NOW!

• 2 months later...

we are sailing out on the Glory next summer, There are 4 families coming and we were thinking about hotels. I sent an email message to Joe the General Manager, he called me back the next day and answered all my questions full. There was a little confusion about booking the shuttle since we were booking it about 250 days in advance, but I followed up with an email to him and he verified we are all setup.

We haven't stayed there yet (about 230 days out), but if the service I have gotten so far is any indication, then I think it will be a winner.

My wife and I have stayed there twice in the last 2 years. One for the Glory and also Mariner. There are no issues with the shuttle over. The time we went on the Glory we learned a lesson.

We waited in the hot sun, no cover standing on Asphalt for 45 minutes. When we got there maybe 10 people were waiting including a guy in a wheelchair. When the shuttle arrived there had to be more then 60 people waiting for a 30 person shuttle and no line. Needless to say a madhouse.

Lesson was learned this trip. For the Mariner took the shuttle over which is very organized. On the ship we decided to tak a cab which I believed was $15. This trip the shuttle was there when we got off the ship. Long story short take the shuttle to the port but take a cab back.

Resort by the way is nice and we will be stating there again in 8/09 with many family members befre going on the Glory one more final time at Canaveral.

Archived