Celebrity toiletries - Use them, or bring your own?

les888lie

I always bring my own shampoo because no hotel/ship can provide it for different types of hair...(same for lotion).

One thing I noticed... out of my last 3 cruises (X, HAL and RCI) only Celebrity provided cutips..so no need to bring them.

If you are not in CC what they don't provide separate shampoo and conditioner. For a Caribbean cruise, I brought my own to help my hair weather getting washed after going in the water every day. If I was doing something like a week in Alaska, I might not have bothered.

They provide soap and, I think, lotion - again nothing very special if not in CC.

I was on the Constellation in September and had an FV stateroom. There was shampoo, in a dispenser, in the shower. It was also satisfactory as a body wash. Some people don't like the fragrance, but it was fine for me. They provide very good lotion in a dispenser on the wall next to the toilet. Again, some did not like the fragrance. They provided a wall hair dryer and an extra, more powerful hairdryer in the cabinet. They provide bar soaps, Q-Tips and cotton balls. The only thing they did not have was conditioner. I brought my own.

You used the shampoo as a body wash too??? :eek:

I'm sorry, but I normally find the quality of hotel/motel supplied tolietries to be very un-satisfactory! The lotion is watery & the shampoo doesn't seem to cleanse enough! Just MHO here, but I always bring my own! My stylist says you should change products frequently, but not to that level I'm afraid! Take ypur own! :D

I guess what works for one person might not work for others. Your scalp is skin too so I would think that whatever cleanser was used on your scalp would be fine for your body. In the shower the shampoo ends up on your back usually anyway. I use body soap but can't see a problem using shampoo instead if it doesn't bother you. And it sure isn't hurting anyone else.

To me, the toiletries all smell like they are for a man so I can see why the guys would be okay with them! I bring my own so I'll smell like a girl! My current favorite is Coconut Mango shower gel and lotion...yummy!:)

Well some of us MEN are slightly more particular...even us straight ones!

I use the standard body and face soaps the ship provides, and if they provide their own Q-tips and such, even better.

But I do have a particular addiction to a specific shampoo and conditioner that I've been using for 6 years, and I bring my own supply in small travel bottles. The shampoo on the ship is of good quality, and the scent is neutral enough to be pleasing to most, so I wouldn't think everyone MUST bring their own.

Not only am I straight, but according to all my friends and family, I don't even qualify for the new 'metrosexual' term. Apparently in most aspects, I am a sloppy, boorish, non-image-conscious, uncoordinated, slightly chauvanistic male. But I must have my Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner!

I think the lotion has tea tree oil in it. Thats what I smell. The mix of tea tree and mint makes it a good smell for the guys. :D

I love the smell of Royal C. bar soap. I always bring some home and it reminds me of the cruise when I use it. Celebrity's bar soap is nothing special.:rolleyes:

The Q tip's have NO PUFF. You can feel the stick at the end. Bring your own, if you like your Q's puffy.:D

I always bring my own but the soap is good. I always bring them home for my Mother. She loves the soap on Celebrity. She has cruised with them several times. One cruise my hubby and I were on, the cabin steward got the hint that the soap was missing everyday and gave me a bunch! Didn't say anything, just left them for me :)

He got a good tip!

The body lotion is a weird lavender color that seems to show on your legs and is slimy feeling. Don't like it at all.

My husband brings is own products. We all get used to using certain brands. Also, allergies could be a problem. The last thing you want is a big red rash, because the lotion you tried didn't agree with your skin.

Archived