Tell Me About Water Island

Sunny AZ Girl

I am planning on going to Sapphire Beach on our next trip to ST - in May. However, I have read that Water Island is an easy trip from Crown Bay, where we will be docked. I just want to relax in the shade with a foo-foo drink in my hand and reflect on our very port intensive cruise which we will be finishing the next day. Sapphire has every thing I want - shade, a beach bar & grill, beautiful scenery and good snorkeling for when I get a little burst of energy and want to get wet!

Should I stick with my plans to go to Sapphire or does Water Island have all of the things I love about Sapphire, only closer? I see that we will be the only ship in port that day, also. So Sapphire may not have any crowds, either.

Water Island is the 4th island in the USVI... St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John, Water Island. Its just a short ferry ride from St. Thomas. The ferry leaves from Crown Bay Marina, which is right next to Crown Bay Cruise Dock. Water Island is a small island, population only about 160 people. There are no taxis, buses etc. there. When you arrive on Water Island you will need to walk a short distance up the hill and down to Honeymoon Beach. On Honeymoon Beach there is Heidi's Grill, which is a mobile food van that comes around for lunch. And there is Joe's Beach Bar for drinks and its open mid-morning to late afternoon. There are palapas umbrellas on the beach and natural shade under the palm trees. Snorkeling is fair at Honeymoon. Find more information on a Water Island guide, try http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=water+island+guide&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8.

--Islander

• 2 weeks later...

Archived