Team Trivia on the Crown Princess?

bronxadw

I've sailed on three Princess cruises; the Old Crown Princess, the Pacific Princess and the Star Princess. Team trivia was offered on the first two but not on the Star. Does anyone know whether it is offered on the Crown, I'm sailing on the 17th out of Copenhagen?:)

I've sailed on three Princess cruises; the Old Crown Princess, the Pacific Princess and the Star Princess. Team trivia was offered on the first two but not on the Star. Does anyone know whether it is offered on the Crown, I'm sailing on the 17th out of Copenhagen?:)

We sailed the Emerald last year with all of our CC roll call friends. We all got together (about 12 of us) and played team trivia by the pool. And, we all won!! Truthfully, I don't even remember what we won, it was trivial as well. But, it was great just having the bragging rights, and have the announcer state us all as CC members.

As there are lots of sea days, I am almost certain there will be plenty of trivia - probably more than once a day.

:eek: How long ago were you on the Star? We were on it in January this year and there was trivia every day although it's becoming a bit too competetive for our liking. Thought it was meant to be a bit of fun but some people take it so seriously, copying all the questions and answers to use for future trivias, arguing over the slightest variance from what they deem the correct spelling etc to be. Get a life!!!!!

Thanks for the info on team trivia....yes,it was a few years ago that we were on the Star and at that time they just printed a trivia questionaire which was left in the library in the mornings. And yes, I do agree....many people take it far too seriously, we were on a cruise last year when there was a near riot on whether advocado is classified :) a fruit or a vegetable!

We will be on the Sept 17 cruise and we love trivia. It does get to be competitive(especially with the amazing prizes) but I've never seen it get disgustingly serious. But, considering the fact that I don't have a Princess Cruises luggage tag yet, well, watch out:) (avocado is botanically a fruit but that's one of those tough ones) See you next week (You'll probably recognize my husband and I as we search for a team that will actually have us)

Jenny and Shelly

I agree, the games (and certain teams) have gotten w-a-y too competitive. My DW and I participate in the trivia contests but we only play as a team of two. We decline politely when asked if we want to join a team or if someone asks to join us. If we win (yes, it happens), then we celebrate and move on. If we don't win, well that's ok too. The trivia contests are supposed to be fun, but some participants tend to forget that. I'm on vacation so I really don't want to argue over spelling errors, "I'm sure I'm right and the answer is wrong", or other unimportant bickering. I'm just as competitive as the next person (sometime more so), but I'm amazed at some of the behavior we've seen at the trivia contests.

My favorite trivia contests, btw, are those run by Alan and Alana. Droll questions, lots of obscure musical questions and generally a lot of fun. Alan and Alana were on the old Royal Princess for about 10 years and I believe they're on the Sea Princess now.

I think you'll find trivia every day, usually around 4ish and I think also in the late morning, but that's prime suntanning time, so I've never partaken at that hour. I wasn't aware it was "team" trivia: I've played as a team of one, so I don't think it's required to have a team (came in second several times, too, which just goes to show that a team is only as good as its dumbest - or smartest - member!). On my last cruise, there was a group that seemed to be sucking the fun out of it for themselves, nitpicking, not applauding winners if they themselves lost, and so forth. However, they did ultimately get disqualified on their one victory for having too many players (I think they had like 10 people crammed around the table) so karma strikes again!

We will be on the Sept 17 cruise and we love trivia. It does get to be competitive(especially with the amazing prizes) but I've never seen it get disgustingly serious. But, considering the fact that I don't have a Princess Cruises luggage tag yet, well, watch out:) (avocado is botanically a fruit but that's one of those tough ones) See you next week (You'll probably recognize my husband and I as we search for a team that will actually have us)

Jenny and Shelly

too competitive for me. except the time i won a luggage tag. okay, win may be stretching it-it was on a port day and only 4 of us showed up, so we all got a luggage tag-never did play :D i'm hoping no one shows up another time as i'm holding out for a princess tote bag!

You wouldn't find it too competitive if you played trivia with us. We're in it for the fun of it. While writing down what we hope are correct answers, we shout out totally outrageous ones. You know, like they say "Who was the first president of the United States?" And we yell out "George Burns?" Keeps it light hearted.

We've often been on a team called The Winners. No, we weren't always winners. We just figured if we called ourselves that, at least we'd get to hear that we were "the winners."

Its so much more fun when you can make a few jokes and enjoy...

M.

You wouldn't find it too competitive if you played trivia with us. We're in it for the fun of it. While writing down what we hope are correct answers, we shout out totally outrageous ones. You know, like they say "Who was the first president of the United States?" And we yell out "George Burns?" Keeps it light hearted.

We've often been on a team called The Winners. No, we weren't always winners. We just figured if we called ourselves that, at least we'd get to hear that we were "the winners."

Its so much more fun when you can make a few jokes and enjoy...

M.

like it a lot-i'd play with you anyday! although being 4th is kinda growing on me: i'm on a streak. would be good though to say i was a 'winner'! (even if i didn't get the luggage strap)

Archived