Anyone Renewed Wedding Vows on a cruise?

fefe

We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary on an upcoming 4 day cruise. I was wondering if anyone has ever done the Renewal of Marriage Vows on a cruise? The service is $385.00 which includes the ceremony by the captain, keepsake renewal vows certificate, photo service, 1 8x10 photo, a cake, 2 etched champagne flutes & 1 rose & a boutonniere.

Does that seem worth the money?? Just hoping to find out if anyone else has done this on their cruises. Thanks!!!!

Holland America does a Renewal of Vows ceremony. The package costs $149 and includes flowers in the cabin, corsage and boutonnaire, pictures and album, pre-ceremony champaigne reception, ceremony, certificate, and dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle Grill.

We did our 25th in 2004 and it was very nicely done. We will do our 30th next spting on the Eurodam.

The price you quote seems high.

GN

thanks for your info! The price I was quoted for the Vow Renewal was on Carnival Inspiration. It sounds nice, but I thought $385.00 sounded kind of high. It's done at sea and arranged once onboard as to which day and time.

We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary on an upcoming 4 day cruise. I was wondering if anyone has ever done the Renewal of Marriage Vows on a cruise? The service is $385.00 which includes the ceremony by the captain, keepsake renewal vows certificate, photo service, 1 8x10 photo, a cake, 2 etched champagne flutes & 1 rose & a boutonniere.

Does that seem worth the money?? Just hoping to find out if anyone else has done this on their cruises. Thanks!!!!

You are probably paying:

---- $5 for the boutonniere

---- $5 for the rose

---- $10 for the etched flutes

---- $3 for the cake

---- $2 for the certificate

---- $20 for the photo / photo service

---- $340 for the Captain and his crew.

So if you are trying to figure if it is a deal.... you need to add the "once in a lifetime" and "unique memory" factors to decide if it is "worth the money". ;)

Has anyone had a ceremony for renewal of wedding vows on either NCL and or Carnival? My husband & I will be celebrating our 25th in May & I would love to arrange this. We have not booked the cruise yet but will most likely go on either NCL or Carnival. Thanks for any information you may have.:p

We did ours on the Dreamward (now the Dream but gone) in October of 1994.

Holland America does a Renewal of Vows ceremony. The package costs $149 and includes flowers in the cabin, corsage and boutonnaire, pictures and album, pre-ceremony champaigne reception, ceremony, certificate, and dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle Grill.

We did our 25th in 2004 and it was very nicely done. We will do our 30th next spting on the Eurodam.

The price you quote seems high.

GN

Actually, Princess has two different packages. There is one in the 150 range also.

We had the best wedding vow renewal,this past Jan.08. It was our 30th. It was on our Princess Tahiti cruise. I had booked a tour in the Marquesas.Our tour guide,took care of everything,church full of flowers,flowers for my wife,had the church choir singing for us.

It was at the Catholic church.The father did a short service,it was the best!!!! All this and she only charged us 50.00 dollars US. I will always remember it.

AZLLAMA:)

I too, was wondering how many people did something like this. We will be celebrating our 10th and I thought of surprising DH with this since our wedding got messed up by his parents.:rolleyes: Anyway, when I looked on RCI website, it was SOO expensive. So I guess there goes that idea.....:(

I too, was wondering how many people did something like this. We will be celebrating our 10th and I thought of surprising DH with this since our wedding got messed up by his parents.:rolleyes: Anyway, when I looked on RCI website, it was SOO expensive. So I guess there goes that idea.....:(

You don't necessarily have to have it done by your cruise ship. We are going to Hawaii and will renew our vows for free at the hotel we are staying at pre-cruise.

You can do a search for one of the islands you are visiting and have it done on the beach. I looked into doing this before I found the hotel that offered it for free and it ranged anywhere from $95 cheapest average was around $300.

Good Luck!

You don't necessarily have to have it done by your cruise ship. We are going to Hawaii and will renew our vows for free at the hotel we are staying at pre-cruise.

You can do a search for one of the islands you are visiting and have it done on the beach. I looked into doing this before I found the hotel that offered it for free and it ranged anywhere from $95 cheapest average was around $300.

Good Luck!

It's funny you mentioned this. Barbados is one of our ports of call, and that is where we honeymooned at. In fact, the hotel we stayed at doesn't look to be too far from port, and I had kinda thought of contacting the hotel to see if they could do something along those lines since we stayed there before. Maybe I will. :D Thanks!

Archived