lunch on Majahaul beach

Rasta Pirate

Can anyone who's been to the beach in Majahaul tell me what kind of food is available for lunch ?

I'm hoping to have an "authentic" mexican lunch without having to leave the beach, but the only comments I've read about food, are that "the chips & salsa were excellent". Is that all that's available?

thanx for any advice.

RP

Rasta Pirate .... Do take a minute to read this review .... scroll

or just CLICK here .... Majahaul (the little fishing village) OnOurOwn

We sat at a beach bar :) DIRECTLY ON THE BEACH :) and shared food with locals! Didn't always know exactly what we were eating BUT it was all very GOOD ... and we were NOT sick later! :D

Hope this will help! Happ Sailing! OCruisers :)

We just got back from there. There is all kinds of Mexican fare available. We had ceviche, lobster and fish that I think was "red grouper". The ceviche was outstanding, but I have to say the fish was the best. You can park yourself anywhere on the beach and will have people waiting on you hand and foot. Beer's and food everywhere. We were lucky to be the only ship in port that day so life was good. The ships steer you away from the village but don't listen to that. It was a good day and probably our favourite stop on the cruse.

Hey THANKS Ocruisers & Pacurn!

If I could have fresh lobster on the beach for lunch, this may very well be my favorite port of the week too:-)

Pacurn, Do you happen to remember the name of the restaurant you ate at? I'd like to look for the same place.

Thanks again for your help.

RP

I don't remember the name. It was a yellow building and one of the first in town. We were near a white shack that snorkeling tours were being booked from. It was behing that and to the left a little if your back it to the ocean. The waiters present you with a laminated colourful menu. I wasn't dissapionted with anything. The fish was excellant. I never thought I would like something better than lobster but I did.

Drop me you e mail address and I will send copies of my pictures from there. I can't tell you what a great day that was. I could live there.

Debbie

Pacurn and Bruce-r if you do have more picture of this area in Costa Maya I would appreciate if you would email them to me (lisaj619 at aol com).

I am sailing on the Glory on 11/20 and our first stop is Costa Maya since there is a boat race in Key West. Thanks for letting me know about this place. Also did you take a taxi there? I think I read somewhere on a post that you can rent golf carts for $12.00 an hour, did either of you see this?

Thanks,

Lisa

Pacurn and Bruce-r if you do have more picture of this area in Costa Maya I would appreciate if you would email them to me (lisaj619 at aol com).

I am sailing on the Glory on 11/20 and our first stop is Costa Maya since there is a boat race in Key West. Thanks for letting me know about this place. Also did you take a taxi there? I think I read somewhere on a post that you can rent golf carts for $12.00 an hour, did either of you see this?

Thanks,

Lisa

Yes you can take a taxi, we paid $2.00 per person, and the golf carts rented for $15.00 an hour.

Does anyone remember what they paid for lunch and mixed drinks?

I've read that beers are $2 but I'm working on my budget and would like to know how much $ to take, so my wife and I can have lunch and knock back a few margaritas.

thanks for the info, 40days to go!

Last week, we had shrimp ceviche for $10 at the Tapas Bar. It was easily 2-3 dozen medium sized shrimp. And KILLER (tho expensive at $5) guacamole.

Tapas Bar has a second floor, open air seating area--great for gazing at the view and keeping the sand out of your food when the cars go by!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived