30 lbs to New Years!!

Litewait

HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!!!!!!:p:);):Domg!!! Weigh in yesterday and down 4 pounds!!!!! I have met my WW goal and am one pound away from my own goal...I missed two weigh in dates so it comes out to a little over a pound a week, but slow and steady wins the race...Now the dreaded maintenance and I have a Cruise to do Sept 7th:eek:

Judi

SW 169.5

CW 136.0

GW 135.

Living proof that this can be done...I never thougt I could do it...I'm such a candy eater and snacker!!!!!

and ive lost 3.8 lbs!!!

SW 158

CW 154.2 :)

GW 130

I also am looking to get toned too so went to amazon.com and invested in power 90 - the bootcamp beginner version of P90X.

so i will post my progress when i start on that too! it should be here tomorrow...:D

Actually, I did get good news at my WW meeting on Wednesday. I was down 3.4 pounds from last Wednesday. Then, Wednesday was one of those days where I couldn't eat enough and I ate way too much...probably used my entire 35 flex points in one day! SO, today, when I weighed, I was up some from last Friday. :mad:

CSW: 161.4 (7/10/09

LW: 160.6 (8/7/09)

CW: 161.4 (8/14/09)

Oh well; I said I wanted to lose the 7 pounds I just gained back, then at least maintain. Looks like my body forgot the part about the weight loss and it's already maintaining!!!

Have a great weekend, ladies!

B

WTG Judi! Sorry I haven't posted. We went camping with grandkids last week and now trying lose the weight that I gained on the trip. Then I'm going to beach of 9 days - come back and have about 6 weeks to lose weight before my next cruise!! As always my weight jumped up big time last weekend - then came home sick (grandson exposed to Swine Flu before he left and he got sick on trip). And you know what happens when you get sick....ya eat! I've lost about 3 .2 lbs in 3 days so hopefully going to get the new weight off soon. I really hope I can get back to 50 lb loss (147.6) by Labor Day weekend. I'm about 3 lbs away......

Judi- WTG! You have done great!

Nana #2: Yeah - my body doing pretty good maintaining on the long run, but I really need to lose weight and THEN maintain...... If my weight goes up before the cruise, I'm in big trouble with my Halloween costume. I can guarantee you my weight will jump 10 lbs when I'm at the beach but hopefully it will be that "temporary weight" that's easy to get back off....let's hope!!!

Nana #2: Did you ever look to see if you could see my son in law listed in the Duke Power roster (Matt Morrow)?

You lost over last week's weight - so don't get down on yourself. As long as each week's weight is less than the week before, you are moving in the right direction. So you only lost 1.2 lbs - multiple by that by 4 weeks = 4.8 lbs! Now multipley that by 6 mos and you have lose close to 30 lbs! Just keep focused and you will be just fine!!!

Marlene

I've been pretty much yoyoing all month ... vacation the later part of July right after I started loosing again really threw me for a loop. I've been so occupied that I have just not spent much time at all on Cruise Critic these last few weeks and need to get caught up on what everyone is doing both here and on my roll call for Halloween.

SW: 247 (way back when)

Last Reporting Weight: 204 (July 17)

Current Weight: 200 (arghhhhh)

I really want to drop 20 pounds before end of October but its going to take some serious work. I "think" I'm back on track mentality. Increased my weight loss shots this week and back taking the diet aid. My big downfall has been not drinking enough water so this week my focus is on water.

I'm way behind my yearly goal and there's no way to reach it now. When I started at the end of October 08 my goal was to reach 170 by Halloween. I guess its time I start thinking about some new goals that will be challenging but not impossible.

Ya have to look at the positive side, Robin. You are 47 lbs lighter than last October!

Doubling your shots - getting focused - vacation behind you - you can do it! Me - I have a vacation (includes 2 weekends!) and then 2 camping weekends before the cruise. YIKES! We went out to eat last night and my weight jumped up 3 1/2 lbs this morning! This totally sucks - so typical for me. So today, went back for more protein shots at Walmart and started my Green Tea pills today plus my diet energy drink per day (not sure why but that helps). I know what you mean about goals changing. I would be happy with being at my original 50 lb weight loss on Halloween. I'm close but with all my plans between now and then..... What is going to really be bad is camping 2 weekends in a row with a group - 2 two weeks immediately preceding our cruise! So that doesn't give me a lot of time after beach trip to lose what I gain and well, you know me, I don't maintain well on camping trips.....Definitely don't lose while camping. OK - this has to be different....Did I mention that the weekend immediately before our cruise, is a Halloween camping trip with all that candy.....OMG!!! HELP ME!!!!!

Marlene

wHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???????That's the second time I've done these rather lengthy posts and they disappear when I hit submit. I just don't get it - I'm logged in. Thought I would just gripe here and see if that posted. If so - I'll try ONE MORE TIME

Marie

Hi Mango! Better luck this time......

I have discovered something - no hot dogs on my menu! I hate hot dogs for supper Saturday and again for lunch Sunday and my weight went up 7 lbs! YIKES! I've lost 6 of those lbs and trying hard to get the 7th one off by tomorrow. I'm not feeling well and my husband had a dinner meeting. He felt sorry for me so came home with a peach milkshake from Hardees. Now what do you do? It was sweet of him but I didn't need the calories! And my weakness is ice cream so yeap I drank the whole thang! I was already feeling guilty for drinking cranberry juice due to high calories but hoping it would help my UTI. Oh well, bet weight will be back up tomorrow... I had so hoped to get back to 50 lbs by next weekend when we go to the beach. Unless I have a phenomenal week next week, it won't happen..... BUT will try to lose as much as i can!! Gotta be good between now and then and the weekend is here again. I ALWAYS blow it on the weekends.

Marlene

Here we go again - I really have been trying to post - when we were out of town the system wouldn't let me log in - said I was giving wrong password. It was the same one I always used. Then it would say it was sending temp password to use till I changed it - it didn't send me a temp. After several and attempts it finally acknowledged me with a temp password - HOORAY! So I "changed" my password to the same thing I always use - on my home computer it "remembers" me though. Frustrating. Tonight my posts disappear - go figure.

Been pretty good - currently 170.2. Not setting the world on fire but still edging in the right direction.

WTG on closing in on your goal Judi. You are my proof that I can do it - we're about same age and guess I don't exercise much either. Applause on your consistent hard work Judi

Anya - what is P90X - an intense workout plan? How's that going for you. What Marlene said is oh so true. Long term you will be right where you want to be if you keep at it.

Bonnie - is WW going better this week? Wish we had it at work as that would be VERY convenient. There's one girl who used to be a WW leader but she fell greatly off plan and gained alot back. Can't lead a group now and doesn't seem interested anyway.

Getting cool here alread and turning to autumn - beautiful season but where was summer. We had a crummy one weather wise this year. The thought of bulking up with winter clothes - ugh. Only lead me to think ladies that we have to get on board the diet ship as those holidays and cruise ports are closing in fast! Repeat after me:

THIS FAT HAS GOT TO GO! :p

Mango

Hi Guys!!! Haven't posted in a while, but I am maintaining....I would like to get to 130 so I have some lee way when times get tough (like cruises). I have a cruise coming up Sept 7th, but it is only a four day so I figure it can't cause too much damage! Then a 7 day in Jan and a 12 day in Nov.:eek:! I feel really good and am keeping my calories at about 1250 to 1300. Remember, I don't exercise...I'm gushy, but heck at my age who's gonna be feeling me? Just the grandkids and they don't mind!!:rolleyes: I'm 61 years old and am 5'2". If I can do it, I know you can! I never thought I would do it! I'm waving my skinny wand over you and hope you all get those skinny vibes!!!

Judi

SW 169.5

CW 135.0

GW 136.0

Mango -

Power 90 and the more advanced P90X are body bootcamp workouts - 90 day transformations that are based on muscle confusion so your body doesnt get used to workouts and you dont get that plateau that everyone gets when they keep doing the same thing. Basically you do these workouts every day for 90 days and try to eat right (they have a sort of food plan but its really mostly calorie counting) and you should see results at the end.

ive been doing pretty good sticking with it except for the last two days because i was out of town and didnt bring my DVDs. i will see if i get results on Power 90 (the easier version) and if it goes well i will move on to P90X... :D

Interesting on the Power 90 workout (admittedly I'm too lazy) but the scrambling it up makes sense even to an exercise slacker like me. I am getting on my recumbent bike oftener but far stretch from a power workout.......Keep us posted on how its going.....

Hey, keep waving your skinny wand Judi - all skinny vibes welcome here! (I really do tell myself that if you can do it I can do it. How's it feel being a role model??????)

How did everyone do this week?? Come on guys remember:

THIS FAT HAS GOT TO GO!!!!:p

Mango

Good work Anya!! You'll be at goal before you know it!! I'm still maintaining, haven't lost my extra "just in case" weight, but that's okay..I leave tomorrow on a short cruise and will check back next weekend...Hope there are more people checking in..Come on Bonnie, Marlene, Robin...Where are you? Marie, keep hanging in there!!

Judi

SW 169.5

LW 136

CW 136

GW 136 (per Weight Watchers)

Personal Goal Weight 130

• 2 weeks later...

well, I'm back and really didn't do too much damage, but we will see at weigh in on Weds.!! Hopefully everyone else is still on track, although this is not a very active thread if I was the last one to post! How you doing Anya and Marie??? Has anyone else heard from the others?? I read about Robin's daughter having her operation, so I know Robin has other things on her mind, but where is everyone else? I hope you're not in the corner eating cookies and ice cream!! Come on, get back here and lose some weight!! I'll check back Wed.

Judi

well heres my stats (forgot to post on friday)

SW 158

LCW 151

CW 149.6

GW 130

i guess its good since i havent GAINED weight, and ive been celebrating (side bar - i got engaged!!!:D and its been non stop going out and parties and drinking and wedding expos - complete with free cake....:eek:)

so at least i didnt get bigger. *sigh*

back on the bandwagon this week, with the workouts and watching the portions and what i drink! :p

Hey Anya...congratulations!! Is your cruise going to turn into a honeymoon??? Partying is good, but just have tastes, not the whole slice and you will be fine..if it is not fabulous, don't eat it. You still managed to lose a little, so you are doing okay.. I'm still maintaining, but want to go down another six pounds..finding it harder than I thought. where did everyone else go? I guess it's just the two of us!

Judi

SW 169.5

LW 136.0

CW 136

GW 130

Well, ladies I am back to check in and say HI to all. Sorry that I have not been on lately but very busy and to be honest, about given up on losing any weight. I have just seemed to reach a stand still and even tho I am not gaining and also am not losing.

I wanted to say hi to all of you wonderful ladies for all the support you have been. Good luck and I will check in occasionly to say hi.

Pam

• 1 month later...

Holy cow it's been forever!! Sorry I haven't been on here for a lonnnnng time, life got the best of me. Hubster got hurt at work (AGAIN) and things have been crazy trying to get back on track.

How is everyone's progress coming??

Hope to hear for you all!!

<3

Jen

Archived