Bermuda trips expensive!!!!!!!!

Gingee

I am not sure if you have checked all of the cruise lines and also there are far less ships that sail to Bermuda than to the Caribbean. All I can say is that Bermuda is a wonderful cruise. It's a beatiful Island and in my opinion a classy island and I would highly recommend the cruise.

Keith

Bermuda is beatuiful, and yes it's expensive from late June - August. We're going down to Bermuda for the fourth time with a CC group on June 7 when the prices are less.:D And; with the CC Group, pricing and amenities are even better!:cool:

For more information, please see the links below! Hope you can join us!!:)

1. Bermuda has a relatively short cruise season. It's not a year round destination like the Caribbean.

2. Only a few ships make Bermuda their destination.

3. There is only ONE Bermuda...there are no alternate choices.

Supply and demand........

Bermuda is very, very expensive ashore too. Worth every dime, however.

I checked the cruise critic prices and details for the one in June. Why do you have to have final payment so long before the cruise?

Generally group cruises require final payment a bit earlier. I just checked one of the internet sites and the final deposit for an individual booking is only two weeks later than ours.;) Please let me know if you have any additonal questions. Hope you'll be joining us. Thanks!:)

Very few ships sail there = little competition = high prices.

Same for Canada/New England cruises.

But they are both nice cruises and worth the money IMO

HAL will start sailing Veendam to Bermuda in 2010 and we hope to be aboard.

1. Bermuda has a relatively short cruise season. It's not a year round destination like the Caribbean.

2. Only a few ships make Bermuda their destination.

3. There is only ONE Bermuda...there are no alternate choices.

Supply and demand........

Bermuda is very' date=' very expensive ashore too. [b']Worth every dime, however[/b].

Good summary of why the prices are higher to Bermuda. It's still our favorite destination and going in June with our CC Group gave us excellent pricing and some amenities to boot!:cool: See below for more details if you'd like to join our group!;)

DH & I went on our 1st cruise & 1st visit to Bermuda in late June this year. I'm so glad we did because I was looking at taking the whole family there next year &, yes, pries for cruises to Bermuda have gone WAAYYY up. I don't know why they jumped so much over this year's prices. My TA said that there might be better prices in the early part of '09 when cruiselines run specials. I'm waiting until then to check on prices again ... but I doubt they'll be close to what we paid this year.

But, overall, yes, Bermuda cruises are pricier than other destinations. I've also heard that Bermuda's port charges are higher than other ports.

I know someone who took a family of 3 to Bermuda about a month ago on NCL. It was cheap. The total costs for 3 persons was $2,000.00. What do you consider expensive?

The deals are usually in the Caribbean because of the competition.

We usually try to get a balcony and a seven day cruise for around $2000 for three people. When I was pricing some of the Bermuda ones, they were coming to around $4,000. That is more than I want to pay for a yearly cruise.

Archived