Booking online - Cabin Choices??

TwoWeebles

I have a question about booking online thru the cruise lines website. I have done this before with no problems because I knew exactly which cabin I wanted. This time around, I just know that I want an ocean view stateroom, probably on deck 4, on RCI's Monarch of the Seas. So I have gone on the website several times over the past week and when you choose a type of room, it gives you five choices. I thought that meant there were only five rooms left like that. So, I got scared and put a 24 hour hold on one. Then I searched again and it gave me four of the same rooms it did before, plus one other that was not a choice the first time I searched. Why doesn't it just give you a list of ALL rooms available in that category? I am confused and don't know what to do. I am waiting to see if my friend and her husband can go with us, so I did not want to book yet, but if they really only have a few rooms left in the category I want, then I don't want to miss out! :confused:

The cruiselines only show a certain number of cabins available in each category online. For example on RCCL, if there are 5 cabins showing that means that there are at least 5 cabins available in that category but there could be more. If there are less than 5 showing, then that is all that is available.

You can always change your cabin within the category at a later date without changing your price (if another cabin is available).

You can always call RCCL directly and ask about availability in the category you want if you are worried.

last week I changed my balcony cabin for another one that came aviable. At the time I booked it wasnt there . Celebrity switched no problem . Someone had a hold on it then changed their mind . the room I turned in showed up on line 5 min later. So rooms are switched all the time . CARL

Why bother with the "online" thing--just call the cruiseline and book on the phone--then they can tell you EVERY cabin that's available!

This pretty much says it best... call the cruiseline to see all staterooms that are available. Of course a TA could do the same thing, but many passengers are now opting to book direct with the cruiseline nowadays for a variety of their personal reasons. To the OP, there is no right or wrong way to book a cruise or vacation package simply because it is your decision in the method of how to book that you are most comfortable with regardless of what some TA's posted/bragged they do for their clients on this board. A good TA may be what some passengers need, but NOT EVERYONE needs their services as suggested above !

On NCL website when you select the category, it displays several available cabins PLUS an option for you to enter the cabin # of your choice. If it's available then HORRAY you can now select that cabin and book. If not available you enter another cabin #.

This is why I love booking thru NCL website - we get the cabin of our choice!

Archived