Some questions about Bermuda/Dream

Nikolle2

We are crusing the Dream in Oct and have some questions about Bermuda, if anyone can offer insight on any of these things:

-Is it relatively easy to get to golf courses?

-Do you need a golf travel bag for your clubs when going on the ship? I assume so but figured I'd ask!

-Do you think we'd be fine booking activities on our own? We really don't want to commit to excursions.

-What are your favorite "must see" locations on the island? This is our first time to Bermuda

Thank you :)

We are crusing the Dream in Oct and have some questions about Bermuda, if anyone can offer insight on any of these things:

-Is it relatively easy to get to golf courses?

-Do you need a golf travel bag for your clubs when going on the ship? I assume so but figured I'd ask!

-Do you think we'd be fine booking activities on our own? We really don't want to commit to excursions.

-What are your favorite "must see" locations on the island? This is our first time to Bermuda

Thank you :)

Transportation is really easy on the island, whether by ferry, bus, cab or scooter. I’d recommend taking a cab (they are available right outside the customs house). It is the most efficient way to transport yourself and the clubs.

Unless you are planning on taking your clubs as a carryon, I’d recommend a travel bag. The porters and longshoremen chuck the luggage around like they do at the airport.

As far as booking excursions, we have done seven trips and have never booked an excursion—just too easy to see stuff on your own. However, if you wish to dive or snorkel offshore, an excursion may be your best bet as there are not any obvious vendors at the dock in St. George.

Must sees, Hmmm. Tobacco Bay, Fort St Catherine’s, St Catherine’s beach, watching the Majesty depart at Gates Fort, Achilles Bay Beach, Alexandria Battery, the unfinished church, the botanical gardens, the Anglican Church & Cemetery…and all this is within walking distance of the ship. If you still have time, there is much, much more to see on the island…especially a trip to the Swizzle Inn!

HTH.

Cube

Take the water ferry from St. George to Hamilton, it's a great way to see the island (especially from the outdoor seating on the upper level - hint: sit on the left side of the boat facing forward for unobstructed island views). Hamilton has a street festival one night during the week, that might be the best time to go - but beware that last ferry back fills up (we took a cab back to St. George to avoid the chaos).

Horseshoe Bay beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. Be sure to explore the areas to the right and left off of the main beach area, lot's of fun things to discover, and if you want privacy just wander to the left just beyond the main beach - it's absolutely gorgeous there and usually very few people (if any).

Take the water ferry from St. George to Hamilton, it's a great way to see the island (especially from the outdoor seating on the upper level - hint: sit on the left side of the boat facing forward for unobstructed island views). Hamilton has a street festival one night during the week, that might be the best time to go - but beware that last ferry back fills up (we took a cab back to St. George to avoid the chaos).

Horseshoe Bay beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. Be sure to explore the areas to the right and left off of the main beach area, lot's of fun things to discover, and if you want privacy just wander to the left just beyond the main beach - it's absolutely gorgeous there and usually very few people (if any).

take the Bus back. They will put on extra sections if it fills up and its much cheaper and it took exactly 35 minutes two weeks ago...

Can bus / ferry tickets or fares be paid on board? Is it better to purchase ahead of time? Is there a place or website to obtain the schedules? Are there things to do at night in Bermuda?

some cruise lines sell day passes on board. NCL doesn't I find that you can buy a trip coupon book good for all the buses and ferries and come out ahead. you get a 15 trip book of 14 zone coupons for $30.00. the island is broken up into 3 mile zones so a 14 zone one is good from end to end. I never take more than 6 rides on two days(you can get transfers when changing buses). the coupons last for ever. Its $12 a day per person for the pas and $20.00 for two days. You can buy them at the visitor center or at the post office. At the dockyards they set up a both to sell them and they are available near the ferry.

Archived