Laptop on Island

irvjacque

yes they have and we accessed the internet on our laptop from our cabin on Emerald Deck last month.

You do get charged a $3.95 non-refundable set up fee but the cost of the package is charged and then deducted from your on-board account.

I'm debating whether to take my laptop on the Island Princess sailing next week. Am I to understand that we can access the internet from our cabin? We will be on Caribe deck. Is this wifi ? if not, is it slow like dial up?

My laptop is quite large and I didn't want to have to tote it around the ship to find a place with a wifi connection.

Your help is most appreciated.

yes they have and we accessed the internet on our laptop from our cabin on Emerald Deck last month.

You do get charged a $3.95 non-refundable set up fee but the cost of the package is charged and then deducted from your on-board account.

If you don't mind my asking - what cabin on Emerald as we are on Dolphin in March and I was wondering if wifi would work from our location.

Thanks so much!!

I'm debating whether to take my laptop on the Island Princess sailing next week. Am I to understand that we can access the internet from our cabin? We will be on Caribe deck. Is this wifi ? if not, is it slow like dial up?

My laptop is quite large and I didn't want to have to tote it around the ship to find a place with a wifi connection.

Your help is most appreciated.

I am not sure if there is an internet connection actually in your stateroom. But the connection is not like you are used to. Remember, the internet connection onboard is by satellite, and can often be as slow as a snail and can often times be slower than dial up. No way around this, all ships use satellite connections.

We were towards the rear of Emerald - E627. We were not told there was wifi available in the cabin and I had gone up to the public areas several times until I just decided to try it one day and it was certainly available. I think it was the day we were in Glacier Bay and it was very clear weather; blue skies.

It is wonderful having it in the cabin; we are on the Dawn on 24th September and have our fingers crossed for that as well.

Beryl

We were towards the rear of Emerald - E627. We were not told there was wifi available in the cabin and I had gone up to the public areas several times until I just decided to try it one day and it was certainly available.

Beryl

Hi Beryl -

Thanks for the info. We're in Dolphin 703 so I'm hoping that I may just get a bit lucky since it's not much further aft. I'll have to work remotely at least twice a day :mad: and it's easier when I just connect from the cabin rather than traipsing around to do it. But, either way, I'll live. I just prefer working at my schedule (read - in my pj's) but I've done it the other way as well.

Thanks again and Happy Cruising!

Archived