Air Canada to Drop Baggage Fee

jhannah

There's another thread that deals with the fuel surcharge, and what might happen to those fees now that oil prices are going down somewhat. (And for how long????) Well, thanks to lower fuel prices, Air Canada will dump the $25 fee to check a second bag on North American flights. Bully good for them! Will other airlines follow?

If you want to read about Air Canada's move click here.

There's another thread that deals with the fuel surcharge, and what might happen to those fees now that oil prices are going down somewhat. (And for how long????) Well, thanks to lower fuel prices, Air Canada will dump the $25 fee to check a second bag on North American flights. Bully good for them! Will other airlines follow?

Gee good news from Air Canada for a change. Must be a first:D ...not that I'm bitter or anything.

Thanks for the info!

Well, thanks to lower fuel prices, Air Canada will dump the $25 fee to check a second bag on North American flights.

Whew! My trip home from New York City next month is going to be $25 cheaper now!:D And my flight to Boston next year will be minus a baggage fee at this stage!:D

David

Jim:

Do you know if this reduction applies to flights to the Caribbean?

ralph

My gut on this is that Air Canada got forced into doing something because Westjet is ,"eating their lunch", as the saying goes!

We just got an "open jaw" on Westjet for November from Tampa to Vancouver via Toronto for $450 CDN for two...not including fees and taxes which drove the total bill to just under $500. Last time we flew Air Canada on almost the same route (FLL to YVR) it cost us $1400 CDN for two.

Air Canada had to do something...getting rid of a baggage fee was the least they could do.

I bet that is something Air Canada doesn't hear too often:D . I'm flying them too but I can't say I'm as happy as you.

Amen to that! My next two cruise related flights are with AC and if not for the Aeroplan points I used to book them, I would not be flying AC if my life depended on it. On my last two "direct" flights with AC, they have lost my luggage.....not that I'm bitter or anything ;)

A good friend of mine suggested that their motto should be "Here at Air Canada, we're not happy until you're not happy" :)

A good friend of mine suggested that their motto should be "Here at Air Canada, we're not happy until you're not happy" :)

I LOVE it:D ! I wonder how long it's going to take for the usual I love Air Canada posters to show up. I get slammed everytime I say something negative about them, which is quite often:o . I just happen to love Westjet and think Air Canada could learn a few lessons from them in the customer service dept.

Amen to that! My next two cruise related flights are with AC and if not for the Aeroplan points I used to book them, I would not be flying AC if my life depended on it. On my last two "direct" flights with AC, they have lost my luggage.....not that I'm bitter or anything ;)

Lorekauf is going to love that motto.

I LOVE it:D ! I wonder how long it's going to take for the usual I love Air Canada posters to show up. I get slammed everytime I say something negative about them, which is quite often:o . I just happen to love Westjet and think Air Canda could learn a few lessons from them in the customer service dept.

Ooooh, I haven't had the pleasure of running into a "satisified" AC customer....I thought they went the way of the dodo ;).

Air Canada could even learn a thing or two from Aeroplan's customer service. AC was nice enough to fudge up my flights to Newark (where I'll be flying on Continental to Barcelona) so I called Aeroplan, expecting the worst and I have to say, it was the best customer service experience I've had in a long, long time.....well, except for that weird automated voice thingy you have to go through first (it's just plain creepy!). I received much better flights and the lovely agent even put me into executive class for two legs of the trip :).

Ooooh, I haven't had the pleasure of running into a "satisified" AC customer....I thought they went the way of the dodo ;).

I work with a guy that says he has no issues with Air Canada:eek: . He says his flights always leave on time with no issues. Must be the only flights that leave on time. Either that or he only flies every ten years.

I work with a guy that says he has no issues with Air Canada:eek: . He says his flights always leave on time with no issues. Must be the only flights that leave on time. Either that or he only flies every ten years.

Um, I'm going to say the same thing, and I fly often, and my husband flies even more than I do. While Air Canada could learn a few things from West Jet, (particularly in the arrogance department - AC wins that one hands down), and their flights aren't cheap, I hate to fly, and at least I'm pretty comfortable with AC's safety record, and since we generally fly on points, the cost is mostly moot. Mostly my flights do leave on time. Seldom have I been delayed by more than 30 minutes. I have a friend who has had one disaster after another with AC so go figure.

Having said all that, we're flying Westjet in March next year for our Westerdam cruise.:D

Archived