Johnny Rockets?

BURWASHT

The menu is not as extensive on the ships but they still offer plenty to eat. There is a cover charge of $3.95 per person and that includes all the food that you can eat while dining in. Drinks such as soda and shakes are extra. Crown and Anchor members receive a coupon booklet in their cabin that has a coupon good for one trip to JR's and it covers the $3.95.

If you are "Loyal to Royal" and signed up for the Crown and Anchor society, the cover charge is free to go to Johnny Rockets - one time. After your first cruise with Royal, every cruise thereafter on a Royal ship you will receive a coupon packet waiting for you in your stateroom. In this packet, there will be one coupon for you to go to Johnny Rockets for free. This is the only time we go to Johnny Rockets and we anticipate this lunch each time we cruise with Royal. The food is amazing and you get all the refills you want (except on beverages, which you DO have to pay for). One meal at Johnny Rockets for free (depending on if we decide to get a beverage at cost or not) is not bad compared to going here in the States. It is one thing we look forward to every year! :D

If you have the soda package from RCI, does that work in J.R.'s or is it still a separate charge for soda?

I just read on another thread (3redheads Freedom review) that you can get a coke for free, but that's it... all other sodas have a charge. I don't know from experience, as I don't get a soda card but that is what I read!

Can you make a reservation or is it first come first served only? What is the average wait time for a table?

No reservations. First come, first served. Not sure that I've got a feel for an "average" wait. Will vary from ship to ship and day of the schedule. We've normally just walked in and gotten a table quickly, but I hear of waits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Questions about the C&A coupon for one free meal at JRs -- does that coupon only cover one person? And does each C&A member in a cabin receive a coupon book or just one coupon book per cabin? And do kids (5 and <2 year olds) get charged the same fee as well?

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to JR. It's just another burger and fry joint to me. We have one in town so it certainly is no specialty or novelty. It would be a cold day down under if I waited an hour to eat at a JR.

Im sure there are plenty of people that agree with you. Its a definite for me every cruise, had never even heard of a Johnny Rockets until i went on the Explorer. It's not something we have up in New England.

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to JR. It's just another burger and fry joint to me. We have one in town so it certainly is no specialty or novelty. It would be a cold day down under if I waited an hour to eat at a JR.

You would have to pay me to eat at JR. We have one in town also and it's not that great. Even my kids don't like it.

Archived