Johnny Rockets?

BURWASHT

Im sure there are plenty of people that agree with you. Its a definite for me every cruise, had never even heard of a Johnny Rockets until i went on the Explorer. It's not something we have up in New England.

Kinda of reminds me of the days gone by when we couldn't get Coors here in Michigan and they couldn't get Strohs out west. It was the novelty of trying something you couldn't get at home. Now that Coors is marketed in the area, I can't remember the last time I purchased or ordered one.

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to JR. It's just another burger and fry joint to me. We have one in town so it certainly is no specialty or novelty. It would be a cold day down under if I waited an hour to eat at a JR.

I am with you on that one. The family likes it so we go, but to me it is just another burger joint.

We went last cruise on formal night!!! We don't do formal-were just too busy with excursions and forgot all about that for lunch. Had the coupons and used them that night. There was only one other table in the whole place besides us. We stuffed ourselves and the servers had us laughing so hard!!

Yup it's just another burger joint but my guys said the milkshakes were unbelievable!!!

Questions about the C&A coupon for one free meal at JRs -- does that coupon only cover one person? And does each C&A member in a cabin receive a coupon book or just one coupon book per cabin? And do kids (5 and <2 year olds) get charged the same fee as well?

The coupon only covers one person, but each C&A member in a cabin gets the booklet. I'm not sure about kids, I would guess it might depend on whether or not they're eating?

And to petesweet, no, the chili is not very spicy at all. It's closer to Cincinnati-style than Texas-style. I'm originally from Ohio and I'm a chili fanatic, and Johnny Rockets' chili is some of the best I've had, actually. :D Getting hungry just thinking about it..

I just read on another thread (3redheads Freedom review) that you can get a coke for free, but that's it... all other sodas have a charge. I don't know from experience, as I don't get a soda card but that is what I read!

I don't believe this is true - we ate at Johnny Rocket's a few weeks ago, and we paid for both my Diet Coke and husband's Coke.

I absolutely LOVE the onion rings. I don't know why, but they don't taste the same to me in the restaurants. I really look forward to pigging out at JR's on the ship! :p It's a ritual for me now.

I love the onion rings too, especially with the 1/2 and 1/2! Unfortunately, they were out of onion rings on our recent cruise! :(

Guest nhrich
Im sure there are plenty of people that agree with you. Its a definite for me every cruise, had never even heard of a Johnny Rockets until i went on the Explorer. It's not something we have up in New England.

There's one right down at Burlington Mall!

I love the onion rings too, especially with the 1/2 and 1/2! Unfortunately, they were out of onion rings on our recent cruise! :(

Out of onion rings on your last cruise?!?!?!? That is what I'm most looking forward to. Oh, I hope they are all stocked up on our upcoming cruise on Voyager :). I love those things! Can you tell?

we waited like 45 minutes to get in...and said forget it. it was cold (we were on Ex) and mom's foot was bugging her...she was in a wheelchair (broken foot) and the guy wanted to seat us at the counter...uh NO!

i'm in the minority with some of the others...it's not great, i wil go only to use to coupon, or just get a couple shakes to go!...

The coupon only covers one person, but each C&A member in a cabin gets the booklet. I'm not sure about kids, I would guess it might depend on whether or not they're eating?

Thank you for the reply!

Does anyone else know if kids between 1 and 5 have to pay the same surcharge to eat here?

I got this from someone else's post a while back.... hope they don't mind me posting and hope it helps :)

jrmenu.jpg

This post is directed at the menu photo, not a person.

I just noticed that plain coffee and hot tea cost extra at JR's. Is this new? We have the soda package or order a shake, so I guess I never paid attention. Does anyone else think it's strange that plain coffee and hot tea cost $1.50 at JR's when they're included everywhere throughout the ship?

We enjoy JR's, but only go the one time using our C&A coupons. Other times, my DH will stop in for a shake to go. Just getting a shake to go (no food) doesn't incur the $3.95 service charge; of course there is the regular charge for the shake.

beachchick

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to JR. It's just another burger and fry joint to me. We have one in town so it certainly is no specialty or novelty. It would be a cold day down under if I waited an hour to eat at a JR.

We were on the Mariner last summer. There was no wait...so it was a little frustrating paying the fee. In fact, we were the only family in the restaurant. There was no singing or little act of any kind. Food was good though!

Which class ships have Jonny Rockets? Or did they retrofit all classes?

Hey Borgy-my wife LOVES the Borg Queen and I was Jeri Ryan's webmaster when she was on Voyager. Kewl pic you have!

Before Star Trek The Experience closed down they did a pic for my wife

Scan10016.jpg

Because I had a Star Trek VISA card we got it for free

Oh and to answer your question:

jrockets.jpg

Guest nhrich
Are you serious?.....Thats like a 15 minute drive for me, never even seen it in there. Wow, guess i take it back, we do have them here in New England :p

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Yup, I knew it was close. We've eaten there. That's why I posted it. It's near the Macy's end, facing Middlesex Turnpike (near Cheesecake Factory).

Enjoy!

Archived