Confused about OV cabin prices on my cruise!

Butterfly~kisses!

I like to check to Carnival site to see if cruise prices have gone down for my cruise. We have an OV Guarantee cabin booked right now. What puzzles me is that it looks like all of the other OV categories (6A/6B/6C) are all cheaper than mine. The 6E/Spa OV category is only $40 more pp for our cruise. Is this the norm for a Guarantee room to be more expensive? Should I stick with my OV Guarantee or switch to one of the cheaper OV categories?

Sorry if this seems confusing, but something about the prices just doesn't make any sense to me.:o

The OV Guarantee did not also drop? You have not been assigned a cabin yet? I think I'd ask if you can "upgrade" to the 6E Spa for $40 pp. Usually if you're upgrading more expensive, they'll let you.

No, it doesn't look like the OV guarantee got any cheaper, but a 6A on the Riviera deck is exactly $100 cheaper per person for the first and second passengers.

When you say, "usually if you're upgrading more expensive, they'll let you", do you mean that I couldn't change to one of the cheaper OV categories?

I don't know if they'll let you switch to lower priced category or not; the key is that the price for the same Category/upgrade combination must drop and that's not quite your case. There's a considerable range amont the PVP's and what they'll do for you - I'd call whioever you booked with and see what they say. In the meantime, what cruise/date? ken

Archived