New to NCL - requesting info

shoopa3

Hello everyone! I have been on 2 DCL cruises, but will be taking my first NCL cruise on the Majesty (sailing 12/20). I would like to know:

1) What is not included in the price? I know that drinks (soda) are extra.

2) How does the soda/drink card work?

3) Best time to board?

4) Our state room is 6051 - any info?

5) Parking at port (Charleston) - any info?

I thank you for you assistance.

Hello everyone! I have been on 2 DCL cruises, but will be taking my first NCL cruise on the Majesty (sailing 12/20). I would like to know:

1) What is not included in the price? I know that drinks (soda) are extra.

Specialty resturants have sir charge

2) How does the soda/drink card work?

My suggestion is just get one card about 50.00

3) Best time to board?

It depends on how fast prevous cruise gets off usally around 12:004) Our state room is 6051 - any info?

Dont know

5) Parking at port (Charleston) - any info?

Don't know

Any shore excursions thru the ship are extra. I don't know if they have included to $10 service charge person in your price. This is money that gets forwarded to the room stewards, waiters etc.

Your room location looks pretty good. There are cabins above you which is good. Below you looks like the reception area for the ship which usually doesn't get too loud. You're midship too which is good for getting to places on the ship and incase you hit rough water you'll have less turbulence.

Have a great cruise.

You can park at Port Charleston for around $110 (cash or checks only.) Charleston is a pretty small city so getting to the port should be easy. If you arrive the day before the cruise, you can keep your car at many of the hotels for the week at no additional charge, and then take the hotel shuttle to the port.

On NCL.com's FAQ section, many of your questions will be answered about what's not included in your cruise fare.

We stay on the 6th deck when we cruise Majesty. It's close to all the restaurants and bars. Your cabin is a Superior Inside which is 145 sf. You may or may not have a mini fridge. It just depends.

We usually board around 11 am.

After boarding, you can get the soda card. The charge is put on your onboard account. You'll receive an insulated cup for refills. A sticker is placed on your "card" that you show to bartenders for fountain soda (which isn't the best, IMO.) If they don't have a particular soda from the fountain, like Sprite Zero, you can get the can. You don't have to tip if you don't want to. I only recommend a soda card if you're a big soda drinker. It's pretty pricey.

Enjoy Majesty! We do.

Archived