a few more questions

super_grover

thanks so much to all the super helpful people who replied to my last post! I have thought of a few other questions and I was wondering if you could help out again. think of the good karma!

1) i have heard that you arent really supposed to bring drinks onto the ship (cans, etc). what's up with this?

2)im traveling on the E carribean Zuiderdam route...does anyone know if any of these stops have somewhere that you can go horseback riding on the beach? There is nothing available throught HAL.

thanks again! I'm sure that this won't be my last post. :)

Happy cruising!

We saw lots of ppl taking water and soda's on the ship, no one said a word. We even saw them comming back with it at ports, only thing they seem to be concerned about was booze :) Dont know about horseback riding :) when are you going ??? Half moon cay will have it around des 13th, 2004 .

as for liquor...HAL only allows you to bring wine on board...no hard liquor or beer. you can order liquor for your cabin...and the price isn't that bad. In fact, they have a very inexpensive 3-bottle wine special that we usually order for our cabin...saves space in the luggage! And doesn't cost anymore than if I had purchased the wine at the liquor store. For beer...they charge $3/can delivered to your room. Some of these packages are not advertised on HAL's web site...e-mail HAL and just ask. Their service is wonderful...and they will do what they can to help make your cruise enjoyable.

super grover -

Have you checked the cruise critic boards at the bottom of the initial page for your individual ports? I read a lengthy discussion there about an outfit in St. Maartin, both pro and con. (I don't know if you're going to that stop.) There were also good links to other resources on those boards.

Good luck and happy trails to you.:)

Beth

Super grover-

As far as the hard liquor goes, you won't technically have to "go without." Holland America will be very happy to sell you any number of alcohlic beverages!! :p

Beth

yep - cheap rotgut stuff at overinflated prices. Bring your own on - discreetly

I'm super pumped to hear that Half Moon Cay might have horseback riding! I have been unable to find any info on it from HAL, however. They are still not listing it on the website as an excursion you can book through them. Does anyone have any more info? I'm going on the Feb 19th sailing.

I'm super pumped to hear that Half Moon Cay might have horseback riding! I have been unable to find any info on it from HAL, however. They are still not listing it on the website as an excursion you can book through them. Does anyone have any more info? I'm going on the Feb 19th sailing.

My brother and I are going on the March 12th Zuiderdam sailing and we are also waiting to hear about the horseback riding at HMC. Hopefully by the end of the year HAL will have it listed on their web site so that we can book for next year.

Archived