If you are cruising from Barbados...

lillotis

How are you getting from airport to port? Any idea on costs for this? Are you staying over in Barbados before or after- and if so, where at?

We are staying over at the end for 2 nights- and I am still trying to figure out where. We want to stay somewhere special, since this will be the last 2 nights of our honeymoon- somewhere with a very nice beach where we can just relax.

I think taxis are the easiest and don't have to be pre-arranged. They know when the cruise ships arrive.

I like staying at the Coral Sands Hotel on the south shore, between the port and airport. It's quiet, not too big and flashy, and has a wonderful beach access with a nice pool, bar area. The rooms are recently re-decorated and management is very friendly and helpful. They have a website. Rates go up after 12/15 I think.

Jane in PHL

I also stay on the south coast at a hotel/resort called Peach and Quiet - small and unpretentious, run by a very nice British couple. The food is very good and there is an artificial snorkelling lagoon that is great fun. There is a decent pool at the hotel and a swimming beach about 5 minutes walk away. There is no A/C but the ceiling fans are effective. The rates are reasonable. I use taxis to get around. P&Q is quite close to the airport and about 15 miles from Bridgetown. http://www.peachandquiet.com

On this upcoming trip in Dec we are staying at the Coconut Court Resort suggested by Martita-- it sounds perfect for a one night stay pre cruise with Martita. On previous stays to Barbados I have stayed at Glitter Bay ( over priced and impersonal) and at the American ambassador's residence ( he was a good friend of my ex) and best of all at Cobblers Cove -- a Relaix et Chateaux property a bit out of Bridgetown but very romantic -- if I was going to be there for my honeymoon I would not hesitate to stay there. It will be well worth the money for your honeymoon!(If you are not like me it will only happen once -- luckily I got very lucky the second time around.)

How are you getting from airport to port? Any idea on costs for this? Are you staying over in Barbados before or after- and if so, where at?

We are staying over at the end for 2 nights- and I am still trying to figure out where. We want to stay somewhere special, since this will be the last 2 nights of our honeymoon- somewhere with a very nice beach where we can just relax.

You may want to look at the Little Arches Hotel (www.littlearches.com). Heven't stayed there yet, but will be staying for a few days prior to the November 7th sailing of the Pride. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor (www.tripadvisor.com). Supposed to be on a great beach, and only a few minutes walk from Oistins (home of the famous fish fry). Also convenient - halfway between the airport and Bridgetown, and not far from the nightlife of St. Lawrence Gap.

The only drawback is that they have a 3 night minimum stay requirement - if you've only got 2 days, you may have difficulties.

Good luck!

Archived