Enchantment Cruise Disembarking 20/9

ScotFi

Hi

Had a great first time cruise on Enchantment. Was a little concerned regarding comments regarding water problems and condition of the ship around the pool area prior but felt this was unfounded. The water was a little brown at times but as I would not drink from a bathroom tap anyway this was not an issue. I felt the pool area was in excellent condition especially when there is as much traffic. Also some people, particularly at sail away were a little worse for wear and fell over some deck furniture I was suprised there was not more wear and tear if this was normal behaviour.

Staff however were particularly attentive and actually appeared to enjoy their work which added to the holiday atmosphere. I would say the only negative was disembarking which was particularly late after requesting an early exit. Was informed by staff that until all cash accounts were paid no one disembarked. Also due to a faulty walkway outside the ship had to exit level 1 instead of 4 and carry our cases down the stairs as we had elected to use Lite Pass to disembark.

This was a minor fault which I am sure is not a regular issue and certainly could not spoil the wonderful time we had. DH now hooked (plan worked). :D

We were on the same cruise last week! Yes, it takes about 2 hours after docking for customs and immigration to be done, and then they have to round up all the deadbeats to pay their accounts. I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise, too.

I've read both of your posts regarding the Enchantment and it just makes me more anxious for my upcoming cruise! Thanks for the updates! :D Makes me feel sooo much better after the few negative comments about colored water and maintenance...:p

Hi

I am sorry if this has caused you more concern I felt I would alleviate others fears by pointing out that problems I had previously read on the cruise critic were not in my view an issue.

We had a wonderful time on a lovely ship and I am sure you will enjoy as much as we did. I do not have anything to copmpare the experience with but am at the moment looking for something for next year. We were impressed with our cruise experience and cannot wait to do it again.

Just hope we are as fortunate in our choice the next time.

Scotfi

Hi

I am sorry if this has caused you more concern I felt I would alleviate others fears by pointing out that problems I had previously read on the cruise critic were not in my view an issue.

We had a wonderful time on a lovely ship and I am sure you will enjoy as much as we did. I do not have anything to copmpare the experience with but am at the moment looking for something for next year. We were impressed with our cruise experience and cannot wait to do it again.

Just hope we are as fortunate in our choice the next time.

Scotfi

I'm sorry if my post came off wrong. I'm anxious in a good way! :D I've been reading numerous negative threads lately, obviously some blown way out of proportion, and am pleased to read a couple of good ones closer to my sail date. I've been waiting over 300 days for this cruise and lately have become a little nervous. I can put up with far more than my GF so was worried she would be unhappy.

I'm glad you and pcur had a great time and am really looking forward to it!! :p

Did the ship change time in Cozumel?? Just curious about the time difference between the ship and Cozumel, if any. Thanks!

Concerning your question:

Did the ship change time in Cozumel?? Just curious about the time difference between the ship and Cozumel, if any. Thanks!

We were on Enchantment 9/6 tp 9/11 and we stayed on ship time-Cozumel is 1 hour behind - we reminded our tour guide we had to be back on the boat at 3:30 (due to IKE concerns)-he was 1 hr behind!

Have fun!

Suzi

Concerning your question:

We were on Enchantment 9/6 tp 9/11 and we stayed on ship time-Cozumel is 1 hour behind - we reminded our tour guide we had to be back on the boat at 3:30 (due to IKE concerns)-he was 1 hr behind!

Have fun!

Suzi

Thanks for your help! :)

I cannot even remember the number of times in our 5 night cruise that we had to change our clock. I just gave up, slept when I wanted to, got up when I wanted to, kept track of the ship's clock for meals, and decided not to worry about it.

What we did in port if we were gone for a long period, is verify the ship's time and then set an alarm on my cell phone for the appropriate time: one hour before the ship left. It didn't matter what time my cell phone said, I adjusted the alarm to agree with when we needed to head back to the ship. My cell phone time may not have been accurate depending on whether it was set for Daylight Savings Time or not, so I just used alarms.

Take a case of bottled water with you, and put one of the luggage tags on it. They deliver it to your cabin. Then you have no worry about the water. Ours was very pale yellow, and after they flushed out the pipes in port one day, not at all.

I cannot even remember the number of times in our 5 night cruise that we had to change our clock. I just gave up, slept when I wanted to, got up when I wanted to, kept track of the ship's clock for meals, and decided not to worry about it.

What we did in port if we were gone for a long period, is verify the ship's time and then set an alarm on my cell phone for the appropriate time: one hour before the ship left. It didn't matter what time my cell phone said, I adjusted the alarm to agree with when we needed to head back to the ship. My cell phone time may not have been accurate depending on whether it was set for Daylight Savings Time or not, so I just used alarms.

Take a case of bottled water with you, and put one of the luggage tags on it. They deliver it to your cabin. Then you have no worry about the water. Ours was very pale yellow, and after they flushed out the pipes in port one day, not at all.

I'm just kind of nervous because it's only our second cruise and we booked an excursion through Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab on our own. Our only other excursion is at Belize through the ship.

I'm not too worried about the water except when people were describing it as brown. It may not have been unhealthy but it's still doesn't feel right to bathe in it. From what you described I'm not too worried. Thanks again! :)

Archived