Room Service

Natalie810

There will be the standard room service menu in your cabin when you get there. During lunch/dinner hours, you can find out what's being served in MDR on your tv and some of them will be available from room service.

It's free except liquor/soda. Please tip the delivery person.

Breakfast is a hang tag you put out on the door handle the night before. If you go to RCCL's website and do a search on room service menu - it will come up and you can see a pdf of it.

I apologize for duplicate threads, but the 'search' function hasn't been working for me.

We will be on the AOS in November and my father is wondering about room service. How does it work? Do you request a menu? Is it free? What meals are available?

There are some items that area available 24 hours, some most of the time and major meals only at meal time. I have found it wonderful to have coffee brought to the cabin very early so I can have it while dressing for breakfast. It's one of the luxuries of cruising in my opinion.

If you go to RCCL's website and do a search on room service menu - it will come up and you can see a pdf of it.

Or you can get it here

I apologize for duplicate threads, but the 'search' function hasn't been working for me.
Actually, the search never works for me.

We will be on the AOS in November and my father is wondering about room service. How does it work?
For breakfast, you will have a door knob hanger thing that you mark your choices on then hang on the door the night before. For food during the rest of the time, you can just call room service and place an order.

Do you request a menu?
It should already be in your cabin.
Is it free?
Yes, but you are expected to tip. Have a couple of $ ready for the server before they arrive because they are in and out pretty quickly. Tip amount usually depends on how much your order.
What meals are available?
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Or you can get it here

Actually, the search never works for me.

For breakfast, you will have a door knob hanger thing that you mark your choices on then hang on the door the night before. For food during the rest of the time, you can just call room service and place an order.

It should already be in your cabin.

Yes, but you are expected to tip. Have a couple of $ ready for the server before they arrive because they are in and out pretty quickly. Tip amount usually depends on how much your order.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Would a 5$ tip be ok for breakfast for 2.

Would a 5$ tip be ok for breakfast for 2.
More than enough.

I'm sure your server would think its is more than OK! From reading a lot of posts here, my guess would be that $2 -$3 would be more the standard for a light breakfast for 2.

This is what I'd tip.

simple snack = $1

Breakfast = $2

Lunch = $2 to $3

Full dinner = $5 to $7

I know I have ordered beer from room service, do you know if you can order other alcoholic drinks from room service?

Yes you can. If you are ordering shots, I suggest you order them straight up with mix on the side. If you do not have ice in your room, order a bucket at the same time. This way they don't get watery by the time they get to you.:D

Yes you can. If you are ordering shots, I suggest you order them straight up with mix on the side. If you do not have ice in your room, order a bucket at the same time. This way they don't get watery by the time they get to you.:D

Oh wow, thanks!!! Last cruise I took, I would run 2 floors to the lobby bar to get drinks for the cabin. I am glad I finally asked this question. :)

DH and I always get Room Service breakfast as a way to have coffee and a light breakfast before dressing and going out into the world. It's a real treat, and we almost always get a call saying it's on the way. The call is our wake up call for the day, too.

We use the little hanging menu, but if something isn't on it I just write what I want, and it's delivered. There are options for times, and on the Radiance earlier this month the food was usually delivered early rather than late in the time frame.

I take enough $1 bills to cover the week and keep them in the cabin so they're handy for tips. I usually tip about $4 for the two of us since we have pretty simple breakfasts.

Archived