zanndam circle of hawaii

Clearwater Bill

I know there were indeed lectures, but I can't say how many or on what topics. All I remember is that we had a great time and weren't bored. Of course, having a WONDERFUL bunch of CC'ers on board and feeling the earth move while on board in Kona :eek: (earthquake :rolleyes: ) certainly made the cruise a memorable experience.

So what type of activities do they offer on the Zaandam circle cruise. Does anyone have any activity sheets that they could post?
Sorry, I don't have any sheets to post. They definitely had enrichment speakers when I did this cruise (at the same time as Mary Ellen). Also, I attended one make-it/take-it craft class and made a picture frame decorated with seashells. In one of our ports they brought Hawaiian dancers onboard, with some cute wee ones (keikis), for hula dancing demos. Other than that is was routine type activities as far as I recall.

I know there were indeed lectures, but I can't say how many or on what topics. All I remember is that we had a great time and weren't bored. Of course, having a WONDERFUL bunch of CC'ers on board and feeling the earth move while on board in Kona :eek: (earthquake :rolleyes: ) certainly made the cruise a memorable experience.

I could say home and have the earth move so that is not an earth shattering experience for me. ;) I suppose it would be different to have it happen while on vacation. Did they happen to have a luau type experience on the ship while it's in Hawaii? That could be fun.

We DID have hula lessons in the Bird's Nest, we had story-telling by the on-board naturalist, Kinoa DelaCruz (sp?). He also gave the hula lessons. He's a natural story teller and I could have listened to him all day long.

I guess it just depends on the cruise and who they were able to book.

They did give instructionon Hula Dancing, last spring by the pool. An Hawiian Dinner was also served, there was entertainment

[Hawiian Style] all evening. I was dressed in a grass skirt to perform with the dancers, [please note, in 1951, I had done this before at Hastings in England!].

All in all it was a most entertaining evening, but it took me several days to live it down.:rolleyes:

john

I could say home and have the earth move so that is not an earth shattering experience for me. ;) I suppose it would be different to have it happen while on vacation. Did they happen to have a luau type experience on the ship while it's in Hawaii? That could be fun.
Yes, there was some type of deck party while we were in Honolulu, I believe (we didn't attend).

I grew up in earthquake country and feeling one aboard ship was quite different than anything else I've experienced. One of us (who loves the 'motion of the ocean') was convinced the ship was breaking up. :eek:

I grew up in earthquake country and feeling one aboard ship was quite different than anything else I've experienced. One of us (who loves the 'motion of the ocean') was convinced the ship was breaking up. :eek:

I sure was! My cabin was dead-center mid-ship, and low. I was hanging on for dear life, convinced the ship was in it's death throes.

I've been in far forward cabins in 45' seas. I've been in aft cabins where I felt the strong vibrations as the ship docked. They were nothing like those earthquake vibrations coming up the anchor chain.

Archived