Latest Glimpse of Solstice...here!

editor@cruisecritic

Later today I'm boarding Celebrity Solstice to get a look at this ship, which is now, I'm told, 97 percent complete. We'll be posting thoughts, photos and video on the site through Monday. Stay tuned right here for the latest!

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Later today I'm boarding Celebrity Solstice to get a look at ths ship, which is now, I'm told, 97 percent complete. We'll be posting thoughts, photos and video on the site through Monday. So stay tuned....

Wow! Looking forward to it Carolyn! Have a great day!!!!

Cheers -

Floris

Carolyn,

Be safe and have a wonderful time. How exciting.

Make us CC'rs proud !!!!

Hugs

Daph

I have a specific question.

It looks like from the outside starboard side, on the penthouse deck, forward, there are 2 white walls outside on the balconys instead of sliding doors. What are they, extensions of the balconys without windows? Perhaps handicapp rooms, its hard to tell.

User jjduke posted the below video from German TV on a different thread... Its amazing... there is video from within the main dining room, at the lawn club, in a balcony stateroom (!), on the bridge... Wow! Its in German, but the video kind of speaks for itself!

http://video.sellie.de/celsolems.htm

Floris

Why is it that the mean-spirited have to ooze their way all over these boards?

In these difficult times, cruise boards are a place where many of us can escape the tedium of day-to-day life and look forward to our future sailings.

Intelligently articulated criticisms are one thing, while angry, bitter attacks are quite another.

I wish people would keep their negativity to themselves.

User jjduke posted the below video from German TV on a different thread... Its amazing... there is video from within the main dining room, at the lawn club, in a balcony stateroom (!), on the bridge... Wow! Its in German, but the video kind of speaks for itself!

http://video.sellie.de/celsolems.htm

Floris

Danke Danke Danke. We are so excited. 6-5-09 here we come. I cannot believe the Lawn Club- I thought it would be bocce size.

Carole

I don't see where someone expressing their opinion about the looks of the ship is mean-spirited. I think Michael is entitled to his opinion of the looks of the ship just as we all are. My opinion is that I like the looks of both the interior and exterior.

However I do agree that :

I wish people would keep their negativity to themselves

I don't see where someone expressing their opinion about the looks of the ship is mean-spirited. I think Michael is entitled to his opinion of the looks of the ship just as we all are. My opinion is that I like the looks of both the interior and exterior.

However I do agree that :

I wish people would keep their negativity to themselves

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I think the use of the word 'ugly' was a little severe.

Archived