How do you know

ccc321

what is included in the cruise price and what is not? I've read many posts about where the coffee, cookies, and ice cream are free and where they are not. How do you know. Do you have to ask every time you want something if there is a charge? Or is it that everything (except soda) is free in the Windjammer,dining rooms, and by the pool and anywhere else like specialty rest. and anywhere on the promonade deck you have to pay extra for?

I guess it can be confusing as there are so many food venues onboard. If there's a price sign or board, it's for a fee on your seapass. Also - look at others in line - if they are requesting and getting - and never see a seapass - you know it's free :) All else fails - just ask if there's a charge.

what is included in the cruise price and what is not? I've read many posts about where the coffee, cookies, and ice cream are free and where they are not. How do you know. Do you have to ask every time you want something if there is a charge? Or is it that everything (except soda) is free in the Windjammer,dining rooms, and by the pool and anywhere else like specialty rest. and anywhere on the promonade deck you have to pay extra for?

Is this your first cruise? I can sure appreciate your question thinking back to my first cruise. My answer, this is the best place, just ask. Things to vary a little from line to line or ship to ship on some things, but be specific and you usually will not be short of answers. For the most part answers here are genuine and accurate. Other things are subject to opinion, just weigh the responses you get.

I guess it can be confusing as there are so many food venues onboard. If there's a price sign or board, it's for a fee on your seapass. Also - look at others in line - if they are requesting and getting - and never see a seapass - you know it's free :) All else fails - just ask if there's a charge.

Good post. As for just asking, the staff is use to that question, they get it all the time and are happy to provide the answer and the service.

Here is what has a charge:

1) Specialty Restaurants (You pay a cover charge and then all food is included). This inlcudes Chops ($25), Portofinos ($20), and Johnny Rockets (I think $4.95). Not all ships have all of these venues.

2) Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream (there is free frozen yogurt in/near the Windjammer as an alternative).

3) Specialty Coffees (There is free coffee in the dining room, Windjammer, Cafe Promendade on ships that have a Royal Promenade, and room service).

4) All Sodas.

5) All Alcoholic Beverages (aside from occasionall freebies, like free drinks during the Captain's reception and free champagne at art auctions).

6) A couple ships are experimenting with an upgraded steak in the main dining room for $14.95. All other food items (and all items on ships without this upgraded steak) are no charge at main dining room.

7) There are some reports of people being charged for juice in main dining room at certain meals. Some juice is available in the Windjammer for no charge. Tea and regular coffee are no charge during meals (and milk I believe is no charge).

Hopefully I didn't forget anything important!

Archived