Hotel Canceled Priceline

nomie

Yes that is true believe it or not. We had a back up reservation through AAA at the Holiday Inn. We also won a bid on Priceline for the same hotel. So I called AAA to cancel the back up and thought everything was ok. The next day I called Holiday Inn to ask about something else and was told our reservation was CANCELED! I told them the story but I called at night and they didn't know their you know what from their elbow. AAA was also calling for me to try to strighten this out. Nobody is allowed to cancel Priceline except Priceline. So I called Priceline and they got back to me right away and took care of the whole thing. I was really impressed with priceline and very upset with the Holiday Inn. Really didn't want that place and am a little worried. We will be staying there for 3 nights before our Nov 6 CP cruise. So it is always a good idea to call the hotel and make sure everything is ok before you go. Things do get screwed up. :rolleyes:

[quote name='nomie']Yes that is true believe it or not. ... Really didn't want that place and am a little worried. .... So it is always a good idea to call the hotel and make sure everything is ok before you go. QUOTE]
Believe it? Yes. Multiple / backup reservations require extra attention to detail.

Really didn't want that place? Is it that much cheaper? Why start out your cruise with a negative? There must be other choices in a similar price range.

Good idea to call ahead: Absolutely! I travel 40-45 weeks per year for business, make most reservations online, and seldom have any problems. But my vacation plans, which I usually plan 6-12 months ahead, often have problems. So I always confirm directly with the airline, hotel, cruise line, and car rentals closer to the travel date before I head out for these.

Glad you got your issues cleared-up before you headed out the door. Now you get to relax and enjoy that wonderful cruise!

I see this happen all the time. I am in the hotel biz...People make multilple reservations sometimes for different dates and a different number of rooms, then they need to change or cxl something. They give their last name or part of the information and think the person on the other end of the phone is understanding what they are talking about. sometimes its the agents fault and sometimes it is the gst fault.

I can not believe how complicated some people can make travel ( not this poster but other people) I am in Orlando and talk about a place people can overplan for and screw it up. Many 1st time travellers with expectations way too high about what they are paying for.

I can definately feel for these crewmembers on ships because overall they do an awesome job compared to what we are able to get our "American" workers to do here. However, people still seem to find room to complain about how something wasn't just right...how many of us are perfect? Just remember that next time you think about complaining...I doubt any one of us could do 1 weeks work on a ship, right?;)

No it was not that much cheeper then AAA at all but much cheeper then booking through the hotels for what we wanted. I was hoping for the Yankee Clipper but we will be just fine. I am just a little worried from the mixed reviews I have read. Reviews never stoped me from booking cruises so I'm sure the same will apply here.

Archived