My Time Dining questions

clayb

If I ask for "My Time Dining" and request 7:45 p.m. each evening with a certain waiter, would they always have that table ready at 7:45?

It sounds like a silly question, but I wonder:

1. How many tables will be set aside for this?

2. How can they assure me that I can eat at a certain time?

3. Are these tables all in a certain area?

I've done it on Princess and our experience was this:

If a couple just walked up to the dining room at, let's say, 6:45 p.m., the host would say it should be a 20-30 minute wait. On NCL, there were many alternate restaurants, but you really had to make reservations in order to get what you wanted.

So, I don't mind making a reservation for the whole week, if they're not going to make me wait 30 minutes each night. I like assigned seating, I'd just like to arrive 7:30-7:45.

You should have no problem reserving the same table and waiter each night at a set time. The table will be reserved for you and should be available when you arrive. They will not double book the table unless they know people dining prior to you will be finished and gone by the time you get there. In your case, you do not want to eat until 7:45. They may book the table for a 6:00 dining, which would leave time for those people to eat before you arrived.

I think they may be adding more tables as MTD is becoming popular. The last time I was on Brilliance, 1/2 of Deck 5 seating was dedictaed to MTD. That was the only area being used for MTD.

In my experience, we made our reservations in the afternoon for the time we wanted to dine. Even without having the "set" reservation in place, we never had to wait. We also had our same waiter and same table.

Archived