Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

This sounds interesting. My group is thinking about doing an all inclusive beach club, but I'd like to see a little more of the island. I just wonder how much this would end up costing us? The all inclusives are around $50 for drinks and food, this would be $50 for just the tour. What kind of bus is it?

This sounds interesting. My group is thinking about doing an all inclusive beach club, but I'd like to see a little more of the island. I just wonder how much this would end up costing us? The all inclusives are around $50 for drinks and food, this would be $50 for just the tour. What kind of bus is it?

The bus depends on the size of the group, the one I went on was like a hotel or airport shuttle. They do tell you that if there is not at least 10-12 people the tour could be canceled.

• 2 months later...

We had a group do this on our CC group cruise last month... it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! We had about 38. We arrived late in Cozumel by about 4 hours due to a medical emergency, I kept in contact with Tom by email and he made arrangements so we could still enjoy our day.

Tom met us at the pier around 4? and led us to the bus. The bus was great... PLENTY of room, very clean, air conditioned, great driver (Carlos!!!). We first made our way to Paradise Beach, which is my usual place to go in Cozumel, so this was a new way to visit... we all received a free shot here (which is part of the "deal" with the barhop), and mingled for a while. The weather was great, water was beautiful (we had heard that some storms had rolled through weeks earlier, but everything was beautiful) Our group had a designated server and a nice spot on the beach. We stayed here for a while and then it was time to make our way to the next beach bar...

The ride was great, we came to find out that the ride in the bus with the group was half the fun. I had never been to the other side of the island in all my visits to Cozumel, and what a treat this was!! We arrived at The Rasta Bar, a little bar tucked away in paradise... and I mean paradise. I will post some pictures in a bit of all these places. Here, we received a free Margarita, and enjoyed the amazing scenery!!! The view was great and we were so fortunate to be here close to sunset. The food was really tasty as well. Do yourself a favor and just enjoy a relaxing few minutes in the hammock out back, the idea here is RELAX!! This side of the island is a completely different world, and I was glad we were able to visit.

We left there and went to Coconuts... now this place was a treat. If I thought the view at the previous bar was something, I had a surprise coming... wow, it was breathtaking right after sunset. Now, Tom will boast that Coconuts is the highest point in Cozumel... which is like 40 feet LOL... but it is a tiny bit of a walk uphill, but not bad at all. It's a little rocky. When we arrived it was starting to get dark, which I doubt most arrive then... the tikis were lit, the christmas lights were on (no power, generator power, dimly lit... just amazing, really added to the experience) There are all sorts of natures creatures at this place, and you could spend hours looking at the memorabilia on the walls. The drinks and food were phenomenal, and the staff was GREAT!!!! I can't say enough about Coconuts, I am looking forward to returning to spend some more time there... oh yeah, we got a shot here.

We were treated very well at every location we went to, and felt very catered to. By the time we got back on the bus, everyone was feeling very good... we had some sing-alongs and enjoyed a nice ride to Carlos and Charlies. This was such a perfect way to visit several bars and not worry about taking taxis all over the island. I would not hesitate to do this again and plan to do this everytime I'm in Cozumel. Tom treated us great and was the perfect host... the bars we visited were fantastic! It will be well worth the $49 and a great day!!

Behind the Rasta Bar

2745347500048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

Rasta Bar

2461070740048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

Our bus

2248381670048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

View from Coconuts

2466742630048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

More Coconuts

2754102700048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

More Coconuts

2953004000048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

2168045090048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

Well, you get the idea...

What happens on the bus, stays on the bus... and of course I can't break out the Carlos and Charlies pics :p But we had a BLAST!!! By far the best time we've had in Coz, and I never thought those days could be topped... I was proven wrong!!! Can't wait to do it again next October!!!!

I heard nothing but great comments from everyone who joined us on the Coz Party Bus. Tom made us all feel SO welcome, as though EACH of us had known him for years. We were treated first-class the whole way!

To see the other side of the island was absolutely breathtaking -- truly a slice of paradise. I know there were some in our group who didn't go this time, but who definitely want to join the fun next time we're there.

It is money well spent! Just a great, great time!

P.S. They even had a laptop hooked up at the bar at Paradise Beach so a couple people logged on to make a post on the CC boards.

Oh NOBODY should miss this!! I was on with Chris and the SSers in October too, this was my first time to get around the island after all the years going and 10-12 visits there!! It is amazing, don't miss it!!

And oh yeah, the bus ride is half or better of the fun:D Tom is fantastic, all the people at the bars you visit treat you royally, and you will never forget this trip!! SO worth the $$...:cool:

Can't wait to do it again in October WOOHOO!!!

Perfect! Thank you for the site. Looks like a great time. I might have to switch my shore tour to this.

It was such a great time. I would do it again in a heartbeat. In fact will be in October again, hope to remember more of it this time. Those drinks were strong:o. I love Cozumel and this was a great way to see it, even for those who don't drink too much, fantastic for those who might so no driving is involved. The east side of the Island needs to be seen, it is so beautiful.

I was on the SS4 Cruise with many that have already posted and I must say that I would do this tour again in a heartbeat! Tom is a class act and he knows how to take care of people. If I ever make it back in Cozumel, I'll definately look Tom up!

I worked for several years in the resturant/hospitality industry and this guy knows what he's doing. If you take this tour, you will not be disapointed. If you don't, your missing out.

Thanks for the compliments everyone:) That was a fun day, I've got the pics to prove it!

OK, I lied. The authorities made me delete them all! ;) :D

I am glad that some of those pictures are ruined:o!! Had such a great time Tom, can't wait for next year.

Last I heard about them, they were only doing large groups - no public sales for couples, singles, etc. Is that still the case, or are they up and running full speed now?

I was told you had to have at least 10 people to go. It is worth getting 10 people together for this bus. Go to your roll call and see who wants to go. You don't have to be a big "drinker" to have a great time seeing the Island. I recommend the nacho's at PB, ask for the green salsa if you like spicy/hot food. It was so good.

How much more $ out of pocket do you guys think you spent on this excursion? Also, what exactly do you mean the authorities made you delete them, are you not allowed to take pictures?

It was a joke but pictures that should not be seen in public with our group some how get destroyed. Saftey rules we have. Look at the photo books at Coconuts:eek:.

sounds fun, but i agot a sour taste of tours on a couple i've been on, because we wasted so much of the day in an air conditioned van, bus, taxi, or whatever.

How much time is actually spent "on the bus"??

Archived