RCL Air and Cabin Guarantee

jersey

We are sailing on the Brilliance 11/25 with a D1 cabin with air supplied through RCL -

They are now offering a suite guarantee at a lower rate however, we cannot avail ourselves of this because any "guarantess" promotional rates cannot be combined with air booked through RCL. New air arrangements would be much more expensive than what we are now paying.

Has anyone else found themselves in this predicament and have found any solution?

No the guarantee suite rate is less than my D1 -

The guarantee is $200 less than my D1 -

But because of the air I cannot just switch cabins - if I do I lose my air which will cost me more -

We did air thru RCCL on our Brilliance cruise this summer due to a special $1000.00 airfare from the cruiseline. Had we purchased air on our own it would have been around $1800.00. A few months prior to our sailing we noticed there was a price reduction on our D1 cabin, however it was also not combinable with the reduced air special. It was far less expensive for us to keep things as is, rather than pay the increased airfare which would have actually cost us more than the difference in cabin fare.

jersey, what CB is saying is that your choice is to get the $200 price drop and pay more to book your own air or keep your original rate and stay with cruise air.

It's RCCL's standard not to offer cruise air with the guarantees and there is not a work around for this. If you want to take advantage of the opportunity you have to be willing to tradeoff something else.

Jersey, we booked Alaska in april 08 for June 09, and we booked the air which I think was like 875, I know high but at the time they were doing alot of flight cancelations and dropped flights so I decided if I book with them they have to get me there. well we decided to change our tour package,and the airfare jumped to 1099.I`d say stick with what you have for us it ended up okay because we got a 630 price drop,a few weeks ago.

Archived