Plummeting Oil Prices

ChevyCruiser

I believe I read somewhere that if oil prices stabilize (who knows what that means), then they can eliminate the surcharge and add the extra costs back into the price of the cruise where it belongs. All I can say is ... I'm not holding my breath.

I believe I read somewhere that if oil prices stabilize (who knows what that means), then they can eliminate the surcharge and add the extra costs back into the price of the cruise where it belongs. All I can say is ... I'm not holding my breath.

An advantage (in addition to the ability to advertise a lower price) is that surcharges are non-commissionable.

there have been a lot of threads abouty this around the boards...I really cant see the charges being reversed anytime soon. Oil is still quite a bit more expensive than it was when the charges were implemented and with how unstable the industry is I would imagine they will be likely to leave the charges in affect

Since oil prices have plummeted - down to $93.00 a barrel on Friday -I wonder if we'll see any relief from fuel surcharges?:rolleyes:

Probably two chances - fat chance and slim chance.:D

The fuel surcharges were put into effect when oil was in the high $60 range. Now that all the cruise lines have established this add on, it is unlikely they will ever recind it.

It is a clever way to hide the real price of the cruise and make it even more difficult to compare prices. All of this works in favor of the cruise line.

We have a better chance of the airlines dropping the fees for checked baggage.

Archived