eDocs ?

shoopa3

My experience may not be typical, so let's call this a mild rant, not advice.

I not only do not have a printer, but getting to one is quite a time consuming process presently. Nevertheless, I undertook to print out about 12 pages of edocument, including itinerary, transfers to Dover as well as the tickets themselves. It was basically stated or hinted that boarding would be denied if they were not presented.

Neither the transfer driver nor anyone at the boarding area so much as looked at them.

My experience may not be typical, so let's call this a mild rant, not advice.

I not only do not have a printer, but getting to one is quite a time consuming process presently. Nevertheless, I undertook to print out about 12 pages of edocument, including itinerary, transfers to Dover as well as the tickets themselves. It was basically stated or hinted that boarding would be denied if they were not presented.

Neither the transfer driver nor anyone at the boarding area so much as looked at them.

Fin just wanted to say that we had to provide ours before boarding as proof that we had booked and paid for the cruise. The person at the check-in desk took the copies and kept them. There seems to be a lot of inconsistancy in this business doesn't there.

Kristy

we booked the Jewel less than two weeks out so we had immediate access to them and printed them off. we have done last minute bookings before and the pressure to get them from fed ex was hightned when our Super wasn't here and we had to go to the facility. Give me printable docs anytime for last minute bookings. For longer out bookings. there is nothing better than getting the hard copy docs!

I don't think we have access to ours yet. Ours is 6 weeks from Sunday.

Do they send reg docs or luggage tages by mail anymore? I thought I understood you had to print everything now.

It depends.. sometimes docs are mailed, sometimes not. I've had the same TA for our cruises and it's been, and half the time they were mailed.

I don't think we have access to ours yet. Ours is 6 weeks from Sunday.

Do they send reg docs or luggage tages by mail anymore? I thought I understood you had to print everything now.

We printed out our e-docs but are looking forward to our regular documents in the mail. The TA says she is waiting on the luggage tags to arrive but has everything else. Either way, you can board the ship. But, I love the documents that arrive in the mail! Old fashioned, I guess!:o

We printed out our e-docs but are looking forward to our regular documents in the mail. The TA says she is waiting on the luggage tags to arrive but has everything else. Either way, you can board the ship. But, I love the documents that arrive in the mail! Old fashioned, I guess!:o

We have done 10 cruises with NCL and we have never rec'd copies of edocs via mail. We just print them off along with the advanced ticket info. docs.

The only thing we receive from NCL are luggage tags, a welcome letter of some sort and an excursion booklet. Whether it has to do with being located in Canada I don't know!

All this seems to work for us.

No mailed docs OR luggage tags for either of our previous NCL cruises booked through online TA's. Only edocs. (Hint: You DO NOT need to print out all the pages. Only the ones with your personal information on them.)

We have done 10 cruises with NCL and we have never rec'd copies of edocs via mail. We just print them off along with the advanced ticket info. docs.

The only thing we receive from NCL are luggage tags, a welcome letter of some sort and an excursion booklet. Whether it has to do with being located in Canada I don't know!

All this seems to work for us.

Addictedtwo we live in California and it was exactly the same for us, mailed luggage tags, a welcome letter and a booklet. I printed off our edocs but never received them in hard copy form and really didn't expect to.

Kristy

We are cruising Nov 1st. I can access my cruise docs, but my parents cannot access theirs. We paid in full at the same time with our TA. We both have already received our luggage tags through the mail.

We just can't print out their e-docs??? The link under e-docs is not "clickable" & it does not say available next to their link like it does mine.

What should we do? Call our TA?:confused:

We are cruising Nov 1st. I can access my cruise docs, but my parents cannot access theirs. We paid in full at the same time with our TA. We both have already received our luggage tags through the mail.

We just can't print out their e-docs??? The link under e-docs is not "clickable" & it does not say available next to their link like it does mine.

What should we do? Call our TA?:confused:

i would, that's what you hired the TA for. it may just be a tech problem.

have you tried through this site:

http://edocs.ncl.com/edocs/

Booked our 12/20/08 cruise last week. Got an email notifying that our edoc is available online.

Our experience is if you booked through a local TA 'real' documents with 'real' luggage tags come in the mail. If booked through online TA or ship agents, then you will have edocs.

I had a problem printing my e docs one time and called NCL. They told me to try getting to them by clicking on the site map link at the bottom of the home page and it worked,yet I still can not open them the old way.

I received our edocs 2 weeks ago and had the exact problem when trying to print them. I also called NCL and they also told me to go to the site map. Is this a common problem?

Pokey

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't mind printing out our documents but I don't like the luggage tags..I have to think of something to do with them because they are paper and I am sure they will rip easy..I might put them in plastic covering..If anybody has any ideas please let me know..thanks

We are on the NCL Sun to South America on 12/7/08 and we got our e-docs about 10 days ago. There was a glitch in their system so NCL had to do something then they appeared. I don't mind printing out the documents but prefer to have the "old fashioned" luggage tags. Will have to bring either tape or a stapler to get them on the baggage after our flight. Arriving in Bueas Aires the same day as departing on cruise. Not alot of time. Does anyone hae any ideas about attaching the luggage tags for the cruise so they don't tear?

Archived