Princess advertising 7 day and 14 day cruise on same day

swom

Princess is advertsing a 7 day cruise and a 14 day cruise on April 26th. Same date, same ship but you have your choice of a 7 or 14 day cruise.

I've never seen this before. Do they do that often?

Hello,

We are doing the 14 day starting on Dec 7 out of San Juan but there are two different itineraries involved and yes you do keep the same cabin.

First week is:

Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, Tortola, St Thomas, and San Juan

Second week is:

St Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba and back to San Juan

The only port we do twice is St Thomas. It will be a very port intensive cruise but I think it will be a lot of fun.

Hello,

We are doing the 14 day starting on Dec 7 out of San Juan but there are two different itineraries involved and yes you do keep the same cabin.

First week is:

Second week is:

The only port we do twice is St Thomas. It will be a very port intensive cruise but I think it will be a lot of fun.

should be great, friends of ours did this exact thing last Jan... yes very port entensive but fun, they loved the turnaround day in San Juan

We did back to back on the Emerald last Jan, 2 ten day trips with different itineraries, duplicating St. Thomas.

This year we are doing back to back on the Grand in Jan, 2 fourteen day trips, but the same itinerary... we thought heck, we can handle the same island twice in a month.

Vickie, is that a great feeling when you get back from the first cruise and most everyone has to get off and you get to stay on for another round?????

I can only imagine what that must feel like. We always say at the end of 7 days that we are never ready to go. I hope after 14 days we feel the same way.

Lori

We have never done a back to back cruise on the same ship. Did do 2 - 7 days, on 2 different ships once, when a 10 day got cut to 7 days. Actually liked it better changing ships - we stayed overnight in Ft. Lauderdale between cruises one night. This way we had different entertainment and a totally different ship to explore on the second leg of this cruise. When we consider doing two cruises, we explore what other ships and cruises lines are in port that we might book back to back so to speak. We like Princess, HAL and Celebrity, so it is easy to find other cruise to do. :)

The turn around day is always a nice treat - we sleep in, get breakfast late when everyone else is rushing to get off. We always tell cabin steward to forget about our room as he/she is always so busy.

We then do laundry, and it is fun walking the hallways and seeing the different room as doors are always open. We check out all the suites last time. It feels like you are by yourself on the ship, mind you there is always a group doing the b2b too.

After lunch we usually go into town to get stock for the next cruise.

At first I was concerned that it would be boring the 2nd cruise as things would be duplicated. The menus repeated, the movies, entertainment and sales. But actually it was great, if we couldn't see something the first trip we say it the second. If there was a particular menu we didn't like, or really like we took advantage of it. We relaxed more and didn't feel the need to do everything. The staff were great and many recognized us and were like family by the second sailing, often calling us by name as we walked by.

We thought for sure we would be ready to get off after 20 days, but funny thing as we sat in the lounge waiting for our color to be called we both agreed we could stay longer! So that is why we are trying 28 days.

A few years back we also did two seven days back to back but on different ships. That was good too, but didn'tlike the turnaround and staying in a hotel for one night then doing the entire embarkation again. Note when you do the same ship, you don't have to do the muster drill again.

Truely the ship felt like home.

Definately try the b2b if you can, it is totally addictive.

yes they do, they often team up a 7 day cruise with the next 7 day cruise and offer it is a back to back (14 day) cruise. You will need to come back to the original port and then sail again, but you usually keep the same stateroom.

Not always. My parents are doing a cruise on the Royal Princess that is marketed as both 1 cruise or 2 cruises, but the first half is Quebec to NY, and the second half is NY to Ft Lauderdale. Also, there are Med cruises that can be combined with a transatlantic (either going or coming); obviously each one of these is offered only once per season per ship.

Not always. My parents are doing a cruise on the Royal Princess that is marketed as both 1 cruise or 2 cruises, but the first half is Quebec to NY, and the second half is NY to Ft Lauderdale. Also, there are Med cruises that can be combined with a transatlantic (either going or coming); obviously each one of these is offered only once per season per ship.

you are absolutely right, there are many one way cruises where it is almost more economical to stay onboard and return to original port. But that rarely happens in the Caribbean.

Swom: cruiseline sells 7 days or 14 days or the second 7 days, it is no different than any other trip. Cabins are available until sold out, most ships always sail full. Sometimes it has been a better deal to book the two cruises separately than to book one cruise for 14 days. Last year we got on board credits for each sailing and one sailing was less than the second one. If we would of booked as one 20 days we would of had less obc and a higher price.

My wife & I are doing 3 cruises back to back on the Carribean Preincess 10-19-08 New England & Canada NY/RT. 10-26 NY to san Juan.11-02 San Juan R/T to southern Carribean. Our 1st cruise we have our cabin assignment But have vo assignment for the other 2 cruises.

My wife & I are doing 3 cruises back to back on the Carribean Preincess 10-19-08 New England & Canada NY/RT. 10-26 NY to san Juan.11-02 San Juan R/T to southern Carribean. Our 1st cruise we have our cabin assignment But have vo assignment for the other 2 cruises.

what a great trip, hopefully you will get the same cabin -- have you gone online to see if your cabin is even available for the 2nd/3rd cruise? I would assume that the three cruises are all linked with Princess so they know you are doing b2b2b -- usually they have you in the same cabin if they can... let us know

Sometimes it has been a better deal to book the two cruises separately than to book one cruise for 14 days. Last year we got on board credits for each sailing and one sailing was less than the second one. If we would of booked as one 20 days we would of had less obc and a higher price.

Not to mention the extra credit towards elite, if a person is going to get there by number of cruises, not days sailed. Although, I think a good number of people who book that often already are elite anyway.

Not to mention the extra credit towards elite, if a person is going to get there by number of cruises, not days sailed. Although, I think a good number of people who book that often already are elite anyway.

we think alike :D we are just at Platinum, 9 cruises, with 4 more booked... but yes we are always looking at increasing the cruise number so we can get to elite.

We do take quite a few repo 3 day trips (usually two a year) but our other trips are always longer - 3 ten days, and this Jan 2 fourteen days. So it does balance out.

• 3 weeks later...

We've been on many cruises where they've sold them as individuals or multiples. Our cruise on the Golden last year were B2B2B, but the two last ones were sold as a 16 day, a 7 day or a 23 day.

In March/April of 2009, we will be on the Pacific doing two 14 days; FLL to Manaus and Manaus to FLL. This cruise too is being sold as one 28. It is much more cost effective to get our internet perks and our FCC credits by doing two 14's and also shareholder credit will be $500 instead of only $250 had we done it as a 28.

Hello,

First week is:

Second week is:

We did this last year and it was terrific!! It WAS nice not to have to leave when everyone else did. We lounged around,did some Laundry grabbed a lounger by the Pool, very nice!

Archived