Compass for 5 day Enchantment of the Sea

luige

We are sailing on the 5 day (Grand Caymen Cozemel) on Enchantment of the Sea and would be interested in any recent Compasses that ayone would have. I checked on cruisedailies, but the most recent was April 2007.

I have sailed 5 times with RCCL all similar cruises and I found the evening entertainment on this cruise to be the best yet. The RCCL Singers and Dancers are really good. The headliners were a comedian, a singer and a Juggler and we thought they were all very good but we particulary enjoyed Kenny James, the Singer.

One of the daytimes activities not to be missed is a Q&A session with the Ship Captain, Chief Engineer and Hotel Head. It's an open forum where passengers can ask any question and I found that very interesting. That was then followed by a back stage tour with a couple of the singers and dancers who showed us how the shows were put together. We got to try on the costumes and again ask questions.....very cool

There is the usual Love & Marriage, Quest, Kareoke, Bingo etc There cuple of dance lession sessions - line dancing, salsa. There were poker lessons and what seemed like a pretty serious tournament with money attached. Quite a few "health seminars" but they were just excuses for the spa to sell over priced services to the vunerable - aka my hubby:) . Pool activities - belly flop contest, Mr Enchantment, Dancing Under The Stars Party which was also a Midnight Buffet.

I can't comment on the kid activities (sorry) we left ours at home:)

You'll have a great time we certainly did

I just got home from the other Enchantment itinerary and uploaded my Compasses here: http://einstein.franklin.edu/~woodwa07/Cruise%20Compasses%202008.pdf

We went to Key West, Cozumel and Belize, but I'm sure the activities will be very similar.

Thanks!! This will be our itenerary in May. What excursion did you do in Belize? My son and I are thinking about doing the cave tubing/zip line tour through RC. I was going to do it through an outside tour provider, but I have this fear of getting back to the ship late and being left behind, lol :eek:

We went on the Jungle River Tubing and Mayan Ruins excursion in Belize and t was AMAZING! I'm not quite up to going into a cave in the dark with off-shoots and currents that I can't control. I felt safer being out in the open. Our guide, Peter, was actually in the cave the day that the woman was knocked off her tube and hit her head and drowned. He was helping with another group at the time and ended up helping the group that the woman was with. He told his boss he was done with the caves after that happened and moved to he river. He told us he likes the river much more.

• 5 months later...
We are scheduled on he Enchantment for Sept (with Cozumel and Cayman) and were wondering when the formal nights were.

Yes, this is the itinerary we're interested in too. We don't have Key

West but Grand Cayman and Coz. Can anybody help us with which

night is formal night?

We just booked the same cruise for May(Gr Cayman and Coz) and am assuming that the formal night will be the second day of the cruise as it is a sea day. Have been on a couple 5 night and it seems that it is always the first sea day or the first "short" day in port.

Hope this helps

We just booked the same cruise for May(Gr Cayman and Coz) and am assuming that the formal night will be the second day of the cruise as it is a sea day. Have been on a couple 5 night and it seems that it is always the first sea day or the first "short" day in port.

Hope this helps

That's what I'm assuming also but we want to book Chops on formal

night so we want to be sure. Thanks for your help though.

Hope this helps

We are heading out in june on this same cruise (Caymen, Coz). Trying to figure which night to go to chops. any way you can bring home extra compasses or photo them. Even better would be menus so we could choose which night not to go to dinner. Thanks !

We sailed the Enchantment Grand Cayman Cozumel route in Aug. We had a fabulous time. Check out the link in my sig for pictures. Formal night was the first sea day. I have pdf file of the Compasses and the portifino menu. I don't have them in my picture file because they were hard to read when I put them on the website. If you would like the pdf files drop me a line at ltrogrady@optonline.net. Am happy to share. As far as excursions we did the mexican cuisine tour in Cozumel, it was a total blast. See the pictures. One of my all time favs. Enjoy! Laura

Archived