Dock in Papeete, shore ex etc!

Mexfolkart

The Star Flyer will be docked downtown where the Gauguin & Tahitian Princess dock which is right by the Roulettes and Le Marche is about 2 blocks away.

You can't book shore excursions until you board. They will have binders for each island with all the available shore excursions & you just write your name down. You can cancel up to 24 hrs in advance and if there are a required number to participate & they don't get enough the excursion will be cancelled. You can review the available excursions on the Star Clippers website under the Port of Calls section....there is a PDF file for French Polynesia if you haven't already discovered it.

Boarding begins between 3:30 & 4:00PM. The procedure is very simple and will only take a few minutes. There will be snacks & Champagne served during this time.....gives you a chance to meet many of the folks aboard. Departure is at 10PM and is an awesome experience.

Mike

http://gallery.mac.com/csealove#100129

Opps!! Sorry about the double.......The Star Flyer will be docked downtown where the Gauguin & Tahitian Princess dock which is right by the Roulettes and Le Marche is about 2 blocks away.

You can't book shore excursions until you board. They will have binders for each island with all the available shore excursions & you just write your name down. You can cancel up to 24 hrs in advance and if there are a required number to participate & they don't get enough the excursion will be cancelled. You can review the available excursions on the Star Clippers website under the Port of Calls section....there is a PDF file for French Polynesia if you haven't already discovered it.

Boarding begins between 3:30 & 4:00PM. The procedure is very simple and will only take a few minutes. There will be snacks & Champagne served during this time.....gives you a chance to meet many of the folks aboard. Departure is at 10PM and is an awesome experience.

Mike

http://gallery.mac.com/csealove#100129

If you have any other questions about the cruise, feel free to ask....it's still rather fresh in our minds:D

When we docked at the end of the cruise, we were next to the Gauguin and it looked positively huge....which was humourous, as when we were on the Tahitian Princess, it looked so small.

You're going to love the cruise...of all the cruises we have taken, it was the most rewarding.

Mike

Mike

How far is it from where the Star Flyer docks to the Moorea ferry dock? We will be spending a couple of nights post-cruise on Moorea, just wondered if docks are walking distance apart with light luggage?

Thanks.

You're going to love the cruise...of all the cruises we have taken, it was the most rewarding.

But the question still remains....are we there YET???? ;)

I got all my seat assignments for the the flights...had to actually CALL *gasp* Air Tahiti Nui since they aren't set up for online stuff. I showed my hubby the layout of the plane and he was :eek: at the size of the Airbus.

But the question still remains....are we there YET???? ;)

I got all my seat assignments for the the flights...had to actually CALL *gasp* Air Tahiti Nui since they aren't set up for online stuff. I showed my hubby the layout of the plane and he was :eek: at the size of the Airbus.

Not yet, but the time will go by extremely fast!

A couple of hints on the flights:

Be sure to call 48 hrs ahead to reconfirm.....we didn't & even though we had window seats reserved, we ended up at the back of the bus in the center section.

When you check in, try to get a bulkhead or exit row seat....they won't assign these seats till check-in and they will give you much more legroom.

Mike

Not yet, but the time will go by extremely fast!

A couple of hints on the flights:

Be sure to call 48 hrs ahead to reconfirm.....we didn't & even though we had window seats reserved, we ended up at the back of the bus in the center section.

When you check in, try to get a bulkhead or exit row seat....they won't assign these seats till check-in and they will give you much more legroom.

Mike

Thanks for the heads-up on the reconfirm. I always try to get the exit rows if I can! :D

Mike..I hear that we use French Polynesian money on Papeete, but on the other islands do we use FRP or Euro's or dollars..like to hire a taxi or buy a sandwich or "refreshment"? Thanks, Sherry

Sherry, meant to answer your question on last post, but had to get off the computer(boss came in:D )

Last trip, Nov 2006, the exchange rate was around 100/1 & most everyone took USD because it was easy to figure. This trip it was around 70/1 & fluctuating daily and we found quite a few places that wouldn't take USD or Euros...only XPF's(local currency) All but the really small businesses would take CC's and in our case, by the time we got back & the bills came, the rate was better so we came out ahead. The pursers office aboard the Star Flyer can change USD's to XPF's or Euro's as you need them & the exchange rate was as good or better than what was offered on the islands. Also remember that everything aboard the SF is in Euros....i.e. that 4.75 drink of the day is 4.75 Euros....easy to forget after 2 or 3. On that note, the Black Pearl & the Jack Sparrow go down very easy & pack a pretty good punch!

Mike

Great, Mike..thanks a lot. Also, we assume dress is pretty casual on board..shorts/slacks and lightweight shirts most of the time?

Sherry

Very casual...the only time the guys will need slacks is at dinner. I was in shorts or swim suits the rest of the time. I took 3 pairs of shorts, 2 light long pants & 3 swimming suits. For shirts I took 4 Hawaiian type shirts, a couple of t's for bumming around and 1 long sleeve for on deck in the early morning & evenings(can get a little chilly) We sent laundry out half way through....you get it back the next day. Main thing is to mix & match through the week so it doesn't feel like you're wearing the same thing over & over.

Mike

I thought I had seen where you had a post with regard to the itinerary, but can't find it now. Can you tell me where you were on Friday and about what time you arrived? I may have to catch flight home on Friday and cut our cruise short. :mad: It looks like it might be in Moorea according to Star Clipper website.

On the 7 day cruise, you would be in Moorea. On Friday, you should be anchored in Cook's Bay.

On the 10 day, probably in Huahine. The 11 day ends on a Thursday.

One other note, they do change the order of the islands occasional. The 7 day is posted as Huahine, Raiatea, Tahaa, Bora Bora, Moorea and on our cruise we did Huahine, Tahaa, Bora Bora, Raiatea, Moorea. Be careful if you are scheduling outside excursions or rentals.

Mike

Archived