Favorite/Least Favorite Ports

DG2004

What ship goes to playa del carmen:confused:

Very few actually dock in Calica, which is the port for Playa del Carmen. The Holiday out of Mobile does. One of the Carnival ships out of Galveston used to dock in Calica, but stopped after that Cat. 5 hurricane hit Cozumel. We love Playa del Carmen, and take the ferry from Cozumel to visit on at least some of our trips to Cozumel. It is a beautiful place!!!! I would love for one of the Galveston ships to resume stops in Playa del Carmen. I don't know why that hasn't happened. Part of it may be that the port in Calica can only hold one ship at a time.:(

favorite: Cayman and Cozumel

least: Nassau

i know lots of people pick on Jamaica, and it's taken me several

trips to really appreciate it. Great people, and pretty island.

admittedly, they can be pushy sometimes. i say, be polite,

and keep moving, and enjoy yourself!

note: jamaicans are shy compared to haitians!

Favorite (so far): Roatan, with Cozumel a close second. Probably my favorite port of all time is Castaway Cay, but since you can only get there on Disney, I decided to leave it out.

Least Favorite: Nassau. Need I say more?

What ship goes to playa del carmen:confused:

None that I'm on! Over the years we have been on at least 6 cruises scheduled to stop there. For a variety of different reasons, it was skipped every cruise. Never been.

Yet we have never missed anchoring out and visiting Grand Cayman. One of the most often missed ports. Go figure.

Last try at PDC was 5 or 6 years ago, don't know if its on antibody's schedule now.

Dan

Favorite ports:

Aruba

Barbados

Everything about both ports just seems so comfortable to us.

Least favorite ports:

Miami,

Ft. Lauderdale,

Pt. Canaveral.

Every time we pull into one of those ports, they make me get off the ship!!! TERRIBLE PLACES!!!:eek:

Dan

Least favorite ports:

Miami,

Ft. Lauderdale,

Pt. Canaveral.

Every time we pull into one of those ports, they make me get off the ship!!! TERRIBLE PLACES!!!:eek:

Add Tampa, Galveston and New Orleans to that list! Miserable places! :p;)

Favorites:

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Half Moon Cay

Reasons:

Cozumel is just always fun... if not in the mood for a day at the beach at PB, lots of shopping to be had and lots of excursion options for everyone.

For Grand Cayman, I have never had as much fun as doing the Sting Ray City tour with Captn Bryan! It was fun to be SO afraid, still do it, and have fun at the same time.

Half Moon Cay - Unbelievably gorgeous, soft sand, fantastic relaxing day.

Least favorites:

Mazatlan - ehh, just didnt like it.

Nassau - Love a great deal, but HATED the straw market... too many people pushing and yelling for your attention and not leaving you alone. Plus, it was hotter than Hades when we were there, which made all of the above even more aggravating :)

I have only been on 1 cruise but I will throw my 2 cents in none the less...

Favorite: Belize, we did an AMAZING snorkeling tour there and it was the highlight of our week. I found the port interesting rather than scary.

Least Favorite: Costa Maya. It just didn't wow us. We have travelled to Mexico many times for land vacations so there wasn't anything new or unique for us in Costa Maya. We still had a great day there but if I had to pick a least favorite then that would be it.

I will also comment on Playa Del Carmen as others have gone there via cruise. I absolutely love PDC and am going on a land vacation there shortly :) I would be excited to go on a cruise that had Playa Del Carmen as one of their ports of call!

Favorites: Hamilton/Bermuda, Halifax/NS and Martha's Vineyard, MA because I was in an actual city (or town, in the case of Martha's Vineyard). People actually live and work in those places, and they aren't so much of a tourist trap.

Least Favorite: Bar Harbour, ME. Tourist trap. Pretty place, but a snooty vibe that turned me off.

Archived