The Houston Bayport Pier was awesome!

Luluwa

Returned Sunday from the Conquest and The Houston Bayport Pier was AWESOME! Clean & beautiful! We got there about 9:50 / 10:00, unloaded @ $2 per bag & parked @ $70 for the week. We did have to wait in the heat for a little while (20 min or so), but it was well worth it. We were quickly moved inside (VIP's) & the check in-process was the smoothest I’ve ever experienced! Carnival & Bayport had their act together.

Disembarkation was also a breeze!!! It was so smooth!!! :p

We were on the second cruise out of Bayport. I thought the Bayport Terminal was very nice, and I loved the fact that we could park right by it and take our luggage across the street to the terminal.

I, too, really hope a permanent ship comes to Bayport. I really think Texas needs more cruise ports. There are so many Texans who love to cruise!!!!:D

I, too, really hope a permanent ship comes to Bayport. I really think Texas needs more cruise ports. There are so many Texans who love to cruise!!!!:D

Amen to that. Now if they'll only let us bring more than one bottle of liquor back into the state, things would be perfect.

(PS only applies to Texans)

:rolleyes: Here's the deal with bringing a permanent ship to Houston. A ship can only get so far in 4-5 or 7 days so the itinerary is virtually STILL the same as the Galveston itineraries, so why do it? It canabalizes the other ships. I'm thinking it doesn't make sense, but on the other hand, I don't think such a nice terminal should go to waste. Time will tell.:p

Amen to that. Now if they'll only let us bring more than one bottle of liquor back into the state, things would be perfect.

(PS only applies to Texans)

Okay first. On the map I don't see Bayport, so I can't find a hotel near by to ask if they have a shuttle and a place to keep our car. What is it near?

Also. I have never been on Conquest and am going Nov. 23rd. Do you like it? Does and don't's? We are bringing our two exchange students this time and they are 17. Any suggestions?

:rolleyes: Here's the deal with bringing a permanent ship to Houston. A ship can only get so far in 4-5 or 7 days so the itinerary is virtually STILL the same as the Galveston itineraries, so why do it? It canabalizes the other ships. I'm thinking it doesn't make sense, but on the other hand, I don't think such a nice terminal should go to waste. Time will tell.:p

That's not necessarily the case. A ship CAN go farther afield but it requires either a longer cruise or fewer ports.

I'd be thrilled with two southern ports and two sea days coming and going...

That's not necessarily the case. A ship CAN go farther afield but it requires either a longer cruise or fewer ports.

Can I hear another AMEN to that......:)

When that comes along, let me know and I'll go with you! :)

Also...are there plenty of porters at Bayport? I'm traveling with several 80+ year olds and I can't drag ALL of their luggage by myself!!

When that comes along, let me know and I'll go with you! :)

Also...are there plenty of porters at Bayport? I'm traveling with several 80+ year olds and I can't drag ALL of their luggage by myself!!

Use the pony in your picture :D

Returned Sunday from the Conquest and The Houston Bayport Pier was AWESOME! Clean & beautiful! We got there about 9:50 / 10:00, unloaded @ $2 per bag & parked @ $70 for the week. We did have to wait in the heat for a little while (20 min or so), but it was well worth it. We were quickly moved inside (VIP's) & the check in-process was the smoothest I’ve ever experienced! Carnival & Bayport had their act together.

Disembarkation was also a breeze!!! It was so smooth!!! :p

This is ALL very good to hear, as we are leaving from there very soon! I was concerned, as we'll have our kids with us this time, but it seems they have the kinks worked out now -- Sounds good, I plan to get there early, then! :)

We just got back on the Conquest. There were plenty of porters and security to direct you. Just make sure you have the tip money handy.have it in one pocket so you can just grab it quickly.We did self assist debarkation and it went smoothly. there were plenty of people in customs,plenty of people directing you.very well organized. Don't get there too early because they won't let you in the building to check in until they are ready for you

We just got back on the Conquest. There were plenty of porters and security to direct you. Just make sure you have the tip money handy.have it in one pocket so you can just grab it quickly.We did self assist debarkation and it went smoothly. there were plenty of people in customs,plenty of people directing you.very well organized. Don't get there too early because they won't let you in the building to check in until they are ready for you

How early is too early? We like to arrive around 10 or 11 at the Galveston terminal.

Is it just a coincidence that nearly every poster on this thread is from Texas? Just an observation folks; not calling anyone's voracity into question, lol.

I resemble that remark. I think that you will find that Texans make up a large portion of the Galveston/Houston Cruise market. Its only a 30 minute drive to the new Bayport terminal for us,

I resemble that remark. I think that you will find that Texans make up a large portion of the Galveston/Houston Cruise market. Its only a 30 minute drive to the new Bayport terminal for us,

I wish it was only 30 minute drive for us - Instead we will leave Saturday for an 8 hour drive - but that is ok - the ship will be waiting at the end of the rainbow and driving is cheaper than flying :)

I too just got off the Conquest Sunday and I agree. It was the easiest embarkation and debarkation I have ever had. Cudos to Carnival for getting things together so fast.

You may also want to throw some at the Port of Houston, the termial complex is still about 6 months to a year away from completion and is running good now.

Archived