Front Of The Ship Or The Back...

mikeblum

MY sister in law...has decieded to join us on the MARINER OF THE SEA'S in march (the 15th) to do the mexican riviera...the only cat q cabins that are still available are either at the very front or the very back of the ship...not wanting to sway her deciesion i told my why wife my opinion on which end of the ship to take...my wife and i have been on 16 cruises 13 with rccl...she agreed with me that the back end would probably experience less movement up and down...then the very front...ANY FEED BACK FROM OTHER'S WOULD BE APPRECIATED...she got a fantastic quote...for a single it is 1180 with port chrages tax and fuel charge and for a double 730...so now she's trying to find someone to go with...i felt that these prices were out standing...

MY sister in law...has decieded to join us on the MARINER OF THE SEA'S in march (the 15th) to do the mexican riviera...the only cat q cabins that are still available are either at the very front or the very back of the ship...not wanting to sway her deciesion i told my why wife my opinion on which end of the ship to take...my wife and i have been on 16 cruises 13 with rccl...she agreed with me that the back end would probably experience less movement up and down...then the very front...ANY FEED BACK FROM OTHER'S WOULD BE APPRECIATED...she got a fantastic quote...for a single it is 1180 with port chrages tax and fuel charge and for a double 730...so now she's trying to find someone to go with...i felt that these prices were out standing...

We prefer AFT to FORWARD. Less movement, I think.

Within the category, you can try for closest to MIDSHIP and higher deck if possible. Look at deckplans.

Another option which can be a overall $ saver is to

1. look at balcony cabins to get the diamond discount for you

2. Not for everyone, but consider 3 people in 1 larger cabin. 3rd price is usually a lot less. We've done that and were able to be in a larger, higher category cabin with a sofa sleeper in it, and were able to cruise with other family members. We averaged the cost out.

NOTE: 10/16 is a big cruise sale. Check with the TA for that price that day.

Well, of course, I prefer midships, but if it has to be aft or forward, I'll take aft first.

In heavy running seas. the bow seems to move more, and I find bow slap very jarring.

It is not too often the screws come out of the water, so I'll take aft. (When the screws do come out of the water, the vibration is extreme!)

Definatley aft. Easier to get to the dining rooms and windjammer.

I suffer badly from motion sickness and have always been right up front. I haven't noticed any more movement there and it's always quiet. Plus you have to walk further to reach food and we need the exercise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

em

I'd much rather be at the stern over the bow end of the ship for sleeping with less abrupt movements. Bigger the ship the less the motion affects you anyhow, in general....but either way the closer to mid ship either cabin is the better off she will be if she is not a motion person.

thanks for the feedback...i'm already in a balcony on the bubble...and i love my sister in law very much but she's not staying with me...no way jose on hot dog day...it ain't gonna happen...she's gonna stay with us for the pre-nite in los angeles...but for the next 7 days...she's on her own...

The mariner has two sets of elevators. One at the front and one more towards the back. If you review the floor plans you will see that the percentage of rooms is much bigger mid ship to the back of the ship.

We have had a room on the hump and we have also been at the front.

Personally I would take the front any day over the back solely based on the elevators. It can be very difficult to get on that elevator towards the back of the ship. While there are more elevators at the back- I found the front was less crowded and just much better. In the back - 15 people try to pile on an elevator. The front is just much more calm. Another bonus we like is the fact that we can just go up to the gym/spa and take a shower in a large shower rather than the small colgate tube. We just like the convenience.

Archived