Best Zip Line??

momonmeds

I am wondering what the best zip line excursion is? We will be in Seward, Juneau, Ketchikan, ISP, Skagway, and Vancouver. I think Ketchikan is the one I want. I don't want one that just goes straight down the mountain but one that you go from platform to platform. My other concern is my 77 year old father. He thinks he would enjoy it, but he does have some mobility and balance problems. Would he be able to do this? He can walk on his own, but stumbles and wobbles sometimes. Also, he has a hard time lifting his right leg. I really want to be able to do this for him, but I'm not sure it will be possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am wondering what the best zip line excursion is? We will be in Seward, Juneau, Ketchikan, ISP, Skagway, and Vancouver. I think Ketchikan is the one I want. I don't want one that just goes straight down the mountain but one that you go from platform to platform. My other concern is my 77 year old father. He thinks he would enjoy it, but he does have some mobility and balance problems. Would he be able to do this? He can walk on his own, but stumbles and wobbles sometimes. Also, he has a hard time lifting his right leg. I really want to be able to do this for him, but I'm not sure it will be possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, we've done Juneau ( Alaska Zipline Adventures) and Ketchikan ( Alaskan Canopy Adventures) and here's what I found. The Ketchikan zip is definitely the higher and faster of the two. That being said, we had a senior couple, maybe 65-70 yrs. old on our trip. This course requires more counter-steering effort and you need to pay attention to when and where you start braking. The guides are very friendly and knowledgeable so you might want to call/e-mail them with your situation.

Ziplining in Juneau was the tamer of the two, not as high, shorter zips. The one thing that might help your dad is the fact that the guides control all braking and literally catch you at the end of your zip. Again, the guides there are top knotch. If you're really worried, this would probably be the better of the two. On the flip side, I enjoyed the height and greater zip speeds/distance in Ketchikan myself:D

I just did the Ketchican zip in July....I don't think the zipping is an issue BUT I would caution against the rope obstacles which is part of the zip course!! I had difficulty in them and I really could not imagine someone with "balance issues" trying that.....just my opinion....maybe call the zip company directly and ask them....I know the one in Ketchican would be great otherwise!!

Archived