When to book excursions?

LoisGriffin1

Should I look at booking excursions soon or wait till nearer the time?

If I book through the boat do you pay for the trip now? I am wondering this because of the fluctuations that can happen with the USD/GBP exchange rates.

I don't think anyone can predict the exchange rate flactuation. in your favor or against you. :)

If you sure want that particular excursion and worry it might be sold out, I will book it now. Otherwise, wait a little bit won't be a bad idea either. Well, I don't know if this really helps you or not. :)

with NCL, you are only reserving the excursion...you don't pay for them until you get on the ship. you can reserve them as soon as you want..but if you wish to cancel, you can call or wait until you are on the ship. some excursions have a 24 hr cancellation period...read the find print on the excursions. some have strict cancellation periods (like flightseeing tours).

booking direct with the vendor, same thing, make sure you know the cancellation rules, expecially since you have to put down a deposit for these.

Ok that means I don't need to worry about exchange rates then.

I think I will look at reserving soon then to make sure we get the trips we want to do. There is so many I like its going to take a while to work out.

I think I will book ship excursions because otherwise I will worry about it going wrong. Maybe after the first cruise I will feel more confident.

Thanks

Archived