Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport

CanWeGoYet?

I reserved the night before we embark at the Comfort Inn & Suites/ Miami airport - anyone have feedback on their stay here? I know it won't be cushy for the price, I'm just hoping it is clean, safe and that the 24 hr airport shuttle is reliable. I've seen mixed reviews online, my main concern being reports that anyone can walk in through unsecured fire exits.

I'm also looking for info. We can stay there free the night before our cruise. Does anyone know the price for the shuttle to the Port of Miami or is it easier to take a cab the 7 miles? Also, would they allow us to get a "dayroom" since our flight out after the cruise isn't until 5pm? Thanks for any info!!....Maureen

I haven't had any luck getting replies & have had tried a couple times now - on this board & also the carnival board.

After finding quite a few negative reviews on comfort inn & suites, I decided to cancel my reservation. Some people do just fine there and report the room is fine, clean, etc. I'm not concerned with whether the decor is up to date or tacky, more that it is clean, safe, etc. Having never been to miami before, I decided to play it safe & made a reservation with Homewood Suites, it seems to have much better reviews for both safety and I haven't seen any bad reviews for how clean the room is - only 1 bad review for the breakfast buffet - not a deal breaker for us. $170 for a non-smoking room, I wish we could have gone with a less expensive room but I won't care how much money we save if we end up being in an unsafe environment.

I haven't had any luck getting replies & have had tried a couple times now - on this board & also the carnival board.

After finding quite a few negative reviews on comfort inn & suites, I decided to cancel my reservation. Some people do just fine there and report the room is fine, clean, etc. I'm not concerned with whether the decor is up to date or tacky, more that it is clean, safe, etc. Having never been to miami before, I decided to play it safe & made a reservation with Homewood Suites, it seems to have much better reviews for both safety and I haven't seen any bad reviews for how clean the room is - only 1 bad review for the breakfast buffet - not a deal breaker for us. $170 for a non-smoking room, I wish we could have gone with a less expensive room but I won't care how much money we save if we end up being in an unsafe environment.

We booked a room at Courtyard Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral. Decent reviews and $127 (AAA rate) for a king bed; no smoking, reliable shuttle from Airport. We will be there 01/10/09. When are you flying in?

We booked a room at Courtyard Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral. Decent reviews and $127 (AAA rate) for a king bed; no smoking, reliable shuttle from Airport. We will be there 01/10/09. When are you flying in?

It would have been april 24, and I had just changed our reservations last night. Carnival cancelled the TA cruise we had deposited, been researching ports, where to stay, what to do etc for months. I'm beyond upset, cancelling or changing ports for a hurricane is one thing - backing out of a cruise because they decided it wouldn't be profitable? They must not care how this will impact the thousands of people who have already booked.

Oh Tink, I'm so sorry your cruise got cancelled. That has never happened to me, I hope it never does! I see that you have only cruised on Carnival-would you consider Royal Caribbean? They are my absolute favorite and I have never had any problems. Good Luck to you and keep cruising!...Maureen

Thanks so much Maureen, how kind of you! It's the first cruise I've ever had canceled - I never even considered that as a possibility. But for one of the people in the roll call for the cruise, it's the 4th time Carnival has canceled a transatlantic or Europe cruise. As you can imagine, she is done with Carnival.

I would definitely consider RC, and have re-booked on to another transatlantic with similar ports & dates - on Celebrity. I would go with Carnival again, because even though they are not considered "high end" cruises, I enjoy all the fitness activities and I think the food is wonderful. But I would not book another "amazing deal" repositioning cruise, just stick with the basics like Caribbean or maybe New England / Canada - I think those cruises are less likely to be scrapped.

Archived