Live from Seabourn Spirit, Oct 25 - Dec 20 2008

cands

Steve and Chris,

Thanks so much for the diligent and informative, not to mention entertaining reporting of your trip. I know it was appreciated by everyone on this board.

You are right that 56 days is a long time to spend on a ship. So far my longest is 33 days but I will be on the Odyssey for 53 days next year during the world cruise (admittedly with some trepidation) and reading you account has made me less anxious.

Have a safe trip home.

I know it was appreciated by everyone on this board.

Absolutely. It has been pure joy to log into Cruise Critic everyday and read about and follow you along on your travels. Thank you for your wonderful dialog and the beautiful pictures!

I know when writing a report in here, the encouragement, enthusiasm and interest shown by others is what makes it all worthwhile....and you even managed a STICKY!!! I have never been that priviledged.

Maybe a few nudges to Dan's ribcage will change that!

Hi Everyone,

We're home safely. The flight was a breeze at less than 7 hours.

I had the chance to re-read this thread while waiting in the lounge at Singapore airport.

Wow, did we really just do all that stuff?

We are so glad to be home, but also sad to leave the ship as she continues her adventures in Asia.

So, thank you all for reading, commenting and keeping me inspired to continue posting.

Now that I'm home and using fast, cheap internet, I'm happy to answer any questions if I can. Also, between us, Chris and I have about 5000 photos, so if you'd like to see anything specific, just ask.

All of the photos will be viewable on Flick as soon as Chris uploads them. I'll post the links as soon as they are ready.

Take care all,

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve..the presentaton of your trip was truly outstanding. I have never read a travel report that I enjoyed as much as yours..and your pictures were just fantastic. Glad that you are home safe and sound. In our world today...that too is to be celebrated! Lola

Steve and Chris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your daily travel review, complete with wonderful photo's! I know that so many fellow CC members and Seabourn employees took so much joy in reading your excellent posts!

Thanks again!

Host Dan

Steve and Chris,

you have definitely joined the other great Aussie travel writer (Granny Lorr) as favorites of this forum. We can only dream of a cruise where you all travel together!

Thank you for your outstanding posts and pictures. It has been fun being your travel "companions."

Happy sailings and happy holidays!

Marazul

Thanks again everyone, for your comments.

All of the photos in this thread are available on Flickr. The address is below. If you have any favourites, feel free to download.

Chris is steadily working on uploading the main body of photos to Flickr. He is currenly up to Delphi! Once they are in sets I will post the addresses.

Cheers,

And Happy New Year,

Steve.

Steve,

We followed your wonderful travel journal during your recent trip and appreciate the time you spent in sharing with us. And now your beautiful photos of your journey. They were wonderful! We recently did Croatia, Alexandria to Dubai and Hong Kong to Mubai on the Spirit. Your pictures brought back lovely memories of Seabourn. The picture of Peter, one of our favorites, brought immediate smiles to our faces. Thank you again for allowing us to relive our journeys through your journey. Happy New Year to you and Chris too. May you enjoy other trips as you did this one.

Steve,

We followed your wonderful travel journal during your recent trip and appreciate the time you spent in sharing with us. And now your beautiful photos of your journey. They were wonderful! We recently did Croatia, Alexandria to Dubai and Hong Kong to Mubai on the Spirit. Your pictures brought back lovely memories of Seabourn. The picture of Peter, one of our favorites, brought immediate smiles to our faces. Thank you again for allowing us to relive our journeys through your journey. Happy New Year to you and Chris too. May you enjoy other trips as you did this one.

Whose Peter ? :confused:

Peter is in the single picture as a waiter. He was first on our Pride cruise throughout Norway, Scotland, Ireland and England. He, Luis, Ariela and Zoltan then moved to the Spirit. What a delight it was to see them on the Alexandria to Dubai trip last year. His picture is about half way through Cands pictures and is only of him in his silver vest, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Steve and Chris!

I will certainly look at all your fantastic photos once again..... if I have a couple of hours!

The website you're using has a funny name, when you pronounce it........... for Dutch people!

Well, I'm so funny today; I can't believe it. It must be the diazepam (3rd joke?).

Marja

Archived