Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral Transportation

Would like to come in a day early to Orlando Airport before my cruise that leaves from Port Canaveral the next day. So does anyone have a reasonable hotel that will pick us up at the Airport then the next day take us to the Port for free.

This will happen at the end of Jan.

Would like to come in a day early to Orlando Airport before my cruise that leaves from Port Canaveral the next day. So does anyone have a reasonable hotel that will pick us up at the Airport then the next day take us to the Port for free.

This will happen at the end of Jan.

I don't think you will find a hotel in Orlando that will take you to Port

Canaveral for free. It is approx 45 miles and anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour. Either rent a car or use the cruiselines transfers.

I don't think you will find a hotel in Orlando that will take you to Port

Canaveral for free. It is approx 45 miles and anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour. Either rent a car or use the cruiselines transfers.

I'm seeing that now. Looks like I'm going go back to the airport and get the RCCL transfer. Would you know how early you can pick up the transfer bus to the ship ?

• 3 weeks later...

My family and I decided to take a shuttle to Port Canaveral and then stay at the Raddison Resort at the Port. They said they are only 5 minutes from the Cruise Terminal and will take us over for free.

I thought that RCCL transfers were too expensive ($240 for 4 including 2 under age 10)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hampton Inn, Marriot and Embassy Suites all on TG Lee Highway have free shuttles to their properties and best yet are in walking distance of a pretty nice selection of restaurants. I would shun the cruisline sponsored transfers to and from the port. The going rate is about $50.00 per person and then you have to deal with waiting for everyone, crowds, searching through gobs of bags etc, each way! There are numerous reliable shuttle and limo services that will pick you up at the airport or any of these hotels in Orlando and bring you into and pick up in Canaveral for as much if not cheaper than the cruiseline transfers would cost you, especially if there are 4 or more.

Although there are many hotel properties in and around Canaveral, I am still not sold on the proposition of rushing to get there the night before. First off the prices are often MUCH higher and often the properties can leave something to be desired. Many do offer "free" shuttle service to the pier, but many of these properties require you to get on a list (the crowd thing again) so you might get to the much later than you expected to. No the properties I mentioned are very nice, in fact, the Hampton Inn is relatively new and I got prices there recently for $70 a night. Given I had booked several rooms I thought it to be a great deal!

The ride into Canaveral from Orlando is about 45 minutes, your going to have to make the drive anyway, so why not be as comfortable as possible in advance? Its not like if you stay within 5 minutes of the ship your going to get on it any quicker!

Archived