Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

Unfortunately, I have had a similar experience with Carrie. She is very fast in her emails, but I think that's about it... I have booked a trip to Passion Island for 12 people!!! Payed the full amount and was promised information the next day. I have waited couple of days and nothing. Emailed her and received an email that she will get the info to me as soon as possible. I waited another 2-3 days, but nothing came. Send another email - this time she promised to send it to me by the end of the day - nothing came... At this point I have decided to cancel the whole trip. She said she will refund the money - It's been now several days and nothing...

Unfortunately, I have had a similar experience with Carrie. She is very fast in her emails, but I think that's about it... I have booked a trip to Passion Island for 12 people!!! Payed the full amount and was promised information the next day. I have waited couple of days and nothing. Emailed her and received an email that she will get the info to me as soon as possible. I waited another 2-3 days, but nothing came. Send another email - this time she promised to send it to me by the end of the day - nothing came... At this point I have decided to cancel the whole trip. She said she will refund the money - It's been now several days and nothing...

Did you go and they didnt provide the service?

Is the Passion Island (all inclusive day) the same as the Mr. Sancho all day inclusive that is shown on the www.***** website? I'm curious because many posters here have said that they booked Passion Island thru Carrie, but when you go to the website, the only offering is Mr. Sancho. Is it the same place?

And if I book thru Carrie, do they transport us to the place, or is that extra? I see where some posters have said they were picked up, but again, the website does not indicate this...or maybe I missed that.

Is the Passion Island (all inclusive day) the same as the Mr. Sancho all day inclusive that is shown on the www.***** website? I'm curious because many posters here have said that they booked Passion Island thru Carrie, but when you go to the website, the only offering is Mr. Sancho. Is it the same place?

And if I book thru Carrie, do they transport us to the place, or is that extra? I see where some posters have said they were picked up, but again, the website does not indicate this...or maybe I missed that.

Interesting...this is a different page from the last time I went. I know there has been confusion about tourcozumel.com and .net...I don't see pasion Isle on this site. You can try to email them at tourcozumel at hotmail.com. Let us know what you hear...

I've been checking various maps and websites. It seems that Passion Island ad Mr. Sancho's are definitely 2 different places...polar opposite directions once you get off the cruise ship. Mr. Sancho's is 15 minutes (by cab) south of the port, and Passion Island is 30 minutes north of the port, and then requires a short ferry ride.

With all that said, I decided on Nachi Cocum, which is near Mr. Sancho's but is exclusive to a maximum of only 100 people per day...ie., NO CROWDS!! Our ship is only in port from 7am until 4pm, and Nachi doesnt open until 9. I figure that we'll likely have to be back onboard by 3pm, so we'll have to leave Nachi at 2 or 2:15 to be safe. That gives us 4 hrs of beach time, which will be plenty of sun and alcohol for us! :)

Interesting...this is a different page from the last time I went. I know there has been confusion about tourcozumel.com and .net...I don't see pasion Isle on this site. You can try to email them at tourcozumel at hotmail.com. Let us know what you hear...

This is very disturbing to me. We paid for our twister ride and beach day for 5 people for our March cruise. I emailed Carrie yesterday asking her about the new website. It does say it's under construction, but there is no Passion Island even listed. I haven't received any response from her yet, but I will email again if I don't hear from her. Then I will contact my credit card to cancel the payment. I will let you know if I hear from her.

Just an update: I heard from Carrie at tourcozumel. She said she can't have the Passion Island excursion on her website anymore "due to Carnival". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but she said all booked trips are going to be honored.

If you are using RCCL then you can book it as an excursion thru them too, but it's more money. I'm not sure what line you are goin on. Check with your cruiseline if its not RCCL and see if they have it too.

Just an update: I heard from Carrie at tourcozumel. She said she can't have the Passion Island excursion on her website anymore "due to Carnival". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but she said all booked trips are going to be honored.

I think it means that TourCozumel has entered into an exclusive agreement with Carnival that they will only book Carnival clients through the ship excursions. TourCoz was saying this about a year ago and lots of folks were quite heated about the subject. In my opinion, they wouldn't enter an agreement with Carnival unless it made them money so more power to 'em. Maybe they're just having growing pains. Our trip to P.I. in October was great fun.

Thanks for the update, Chris, I'm willing to bet you'll have a great time at PI!

Magic, thanks for that information. It makes sense now, and I'm feeling better. I may send a confirmation email before our trip just to be sure, but I plan to have a wondeful day with my family at PI!

DMS, we are on Princess and they offer the excursion, but it's $30 more pp. For us that would be $150 total, so we'll go with Carrie this time.

Magic, thanks for that information. It makes sense now, and I'm feeling better. I may send a confirmation email before our trip just to be sure, but I plan to have a wondeful day with my family at PI!

DMS, we are on Princess and they offer the excursion, but it's $30 more pp. For us that would be $150 total, so we'll go with Carrie this time.

I'm sure you'll have a great day! Just in case, just have a back up plan. I'd suggest Paradise Beach as an easy last minute alternative! Or Chankanaub...I've enjoyed both very much.

I see not much has changed since last summer. I think it is important for these boards to help prep people - so absolutely give tour cozumel a try in booking to PI (when they hit, everyone reports a great time). But you better have a plan B ready, just in case.

Too many stories where CCL/RCCL corporate struggles are taking place, too many missed meeting spots, etc.

Just my opinion.

I'm sure you'll have a great day! Just in case, just have a back up plan. I'd suggest Paradise Beach as an easy last minute alternative! Or Chankanaub...I've enjoyed both very much.

Are you saying you think this might not happen? I already paid for it. A plan B is easy to make, but do you think Carrie won't come through?

I see not much has changed since last summer. I think it is important for these boards to help prep people - so absolutely give tour cozumel a try in booking to PI (when they hit, everyone reports a great time). But you better have a plan B ready, just in case.

Too many stories where CCL/RCCL corporate struggles are taking place, too many missed meeting spots, etc.

Just my opinion.

My thoughts, exactly!

Are you saying you think this might not happen? I already paid for it. A plan B is easy to make, but do you think Carrie won't come through?

There are several posts about difficulty finding tour guide and last minute tour cancellations. Compared to the folks that didn't have problems, they are few. I had difficulty finding tour guide but Carrie said they were working on the problem. I don't recall hearing anyone having a problem with getting refunds if they missed the tour for some reason. So, I'd look forward to a great day, we had a blast, but have a plan B...just in case:D.

Can someone tell me how the food at Paradise Island is? I've looked on the website and it looks ok, just wondering what other people thought.

Also, PI looks to be very kid friendly and want to know if it's more of a family place than a place for couples.

Food is yummy, been several times with several folks and we had no complaints and LOTS of compliments. I would consider it a family place but I've been with just couples and we had a great time!

We just got back from our cruise yesterday and I want to say BEWARE when booking this trip with Carrie. I booked and prepaid back in May. When we arrived at the meeting site half hour early, they had no record of us and the Twister boat ride was completely full. Thank goodness I had my confirmation with us. Jorge, the manager from Passion Island let us use his cell phone to call the contact person that Carrie listed on our confirmation. I called Meliza the contact, and she was very rude and said that it wasn't her problem and that I needed to get a hold of Carrie. Of course, her number wasn't listed on our confirmation so I asked Meliza for it. She gave me two different number and guess what, neither one of them were correct. So I called Meliza back and she then said that our tour has been cancelled due to weather (the weather was fine) even though the Twister boat had just left....I was politely aruguing with her and told Jorge what she was saying. He then talked to her and found our that our trip had been cancelled because the company that Carrie works for owes them money.

Well, thanks to Jorge, he offered to pay for us to get to the island by taxi. We missed out on the Twister boat ride, but at least we were able to go. Thanks to Leo (works with Jorge) for making our taxi plans to and from the island. Leo said to book this trip through the ship next time and not independently. Overall, it was a good trip even though we had trouble getting there!

Thank you smoore for posting. I was just researching "plan B" when you posted. This is just one too many disappointed cruisers. I sent Carrie an email to cancel for a full refund. I will post and let you all know how it turns out. I paid via paypal and hope to not have to use their dispute resolution services.

Carrie has emailed me twice today confirming that we are still on for 2/17 - she is supposed to send me a letter from the management company "insuring" that our jeep tour and passion island is still on...I'll post what I receive:(

She and I have been exchanging emails throughout the day and she offered me the same letter. We are still trying to cancel though. She has been very professional in the emails and is trying to assure us. I appreciate that, but I think we just need to make other plans at this point. I have nothing bad to say about Carrie or her business. The situation has changed unexpectedly and we (including Carrie) are all just sort of stuck in the change over phase.

I hope it all works out for all of us. Cozumel is a spectacular island and I look forward to a good time there.

Archived