inexpensive hotel in Long Beach

Greek66

Okay with tough times with the economy we need to cut back some expenses for our upcoming cruise. I don't want to cancel our cruise since it is paid in full, but I figured we could cut back on our hotel for the the night we are driving in. We will have a car so I am hoping to find a place that will keep our car and shuttle us to the pier in Long Beach.

Thanks.

How many cruise days?

If you get a deal for around $100, you will still have to pay for parking in their facility. Make sure that you are aware of that.

Call this place and see what they say.

They might fit in your price if they have rooms available:

The Turret House

556 Chestnut Avenue

Long Beach, CA 90802, United States

562-624-1991 www.bedandbreakfast.com

I know you mentioned this in another post...

Best Western Hotel at the Convention Center

517 E 1st Street

Long Beach, CA 90802-5025, United States

5622850281 book.bestwestern.com

I think they have a shuttle, and might keep your car.

Not sure about the costs.

This is only $95, and your car is right there so you won't have to pay for a shuttle.

You will have to pay for parking though.

The Queen Mary Hotel

1126 Queen Highway

562-435-3511 www.queenmary.com

This is only $125, and will keep your car and shuttle you.

I'm not sure if they charge extra to keep your car now...

Coast Long Beach

700 Queensway Dr.

1-562-435-7676 www.coasthotels.com

You can also try bidding on Priceline (around $75 - check the sticky at the top of the main page here)...

4 Stars for San Pedro.

If you get Crowne Plaza, they will shuttle you to Long Beach.

If you get Doubletree, they might (depending on who is there, and what mood they are in) - or you might have top take a taxi.

Won't have to pay for parking though.

Those are my ideas for now.

See if any of those might work for you.

;)

Thank you CJW. I checked the Crown, but it is close to $200 and I don't want to bid since I am coming with two other couples. The BW convention center is $127 but then I have to pay $10 a day for parking, total $80 for parking plus the taxi to the ship. The Holiday Inn on Atlantic is $133 total and they will take us to the ship and keep our car at the hotel for the time we are on the cruise at no extra cost. So it looks like the Holiday Inn would be my best bet, but I haven't read great reviews on trip advisor. We are only staying a night so I don't think it should be a big deal. Just hopefully my car will still be there. LOL!

Thanks.

We booked the 4 star Renaissance on Priceline (name your price) for $75 a night for 4 rooms. They do NOT provide a shuttle, and I don't know if that rate would be available for the date you want. We chose 4 star and Long Beach and pretty much knew we would get the Renaissance because that seems to be the only 4 star in Long Beach they have on their list of hotels. Seems like a bargain to me - Good Luck.

Check the Best Western Long Beach - park n sail package is $159 for one night, parking for your cruise, and shuttle to and from San Pedro. Also, breakfast buffet the morning of your cruise. The Holiday Inn in San Pedro is the same price for the same thing, but I've heard the Best Western is nicer. Have a great cruise!!

Doubletree offers a "stay and sail" package for $195 that includes the room and parking for up to 15 days and they provide the shuttle. You have to contact the hotel directly as their national reservations line does not show this package. The hotel's direct line is 310-514-3344.

Strange...when I called for clients going out on the Vision last month, they didn't have a park n sail pkg (this was in Long Beach)...ended up booking several rooms at the Best Western Long Beach - don't recall the exact price but less than pier parking and that included the shuttle.

NOTE: Make sure they have cars to drive into Long Beach...the BW is not in a great area - you don't want to walk around. When you get into Long Beach where the other hotels and restaurants are, park the car and walk around - very safe and pleasant.

Bon Voyage!

Doubletree offers a "stay and sail" package for $195 that includes the room and parking for up to 15 days and they provide the shuttle. You have to contact the hotel directly as their national reservations line does not show this package. The hotel's direct line is 310-514-3344.

Archived