Limiting teens' spending on Sea Pass? Rhapsody 2/12/08

I think I've seen this question before and the answer was no, you cannot set a daily limit. If someone knows otherwise, they will correct me. However, there is very little that they will be spending money on. We have three teens. We do buy them soda cards and they really don't put anything on their sea pass cards.

Not sure if this will help, but last month while on Freedom we had our 7 year old with us. I purchased her soda card seperately but in the arcade there was a machine that you could put money on the kids sea passes for use in the arcade. If she wanted souveniers we purchased them for her.

You sure you don't mean 2/12/09? ;)

This came up in another thread today. Back the adults cards with credit cards. When you get onboard, back the kids' cards with cash - small amount - and then if they go over it won't allow them to charge. I believe that was the final resolution. Talk to purser when you board - or call RCCL now and ask. BTW, you can check their charges on your tv in the room - my kids' charges would hang on their folio for awhile, then be transferred to mine.

We're have two teenage girls. Is it possible to set a daily limit (say $20) on each girl's sea pass? Has anyone else done this? Would I see the purser on the first day? Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks :)

We'll be on Freedom in a little over a week, and when I did our Set Sail passes I only attached a credit card to mine and my husband's. Our teenaged son and daughter are traveling with us, and my plan (based on what I've read here in the past) is to go to Guest Services on the first day and put $50 on each of their Sea Passes for charging. This will give them a chance to be out on their own to go to Johnny Rockets or get a latte, but they won't be able to run up a huge bill on my CC.

I just don't want them to have to find us all the time to use our cards if they want to buy something.

I'll try and remember to report back when we return.

You sure you don't mean 2/12/09? ;)

This came up in another thread today. Back the adults cards with credit cards. When you get onboard, back the kids' cards with cash - small amount - and then if they go over it won't allow them to charge. I believe that was the final resolution. Talk to purser when you board - or call RCCL now and ask. BTW, you can check their charges on your tv in the room - my kids' charges would hang on their folio for awhile, then be transferred to mine.

AllieIn MD, our dates are written day/month/year.;) :)

I would go with your suggestion. Put a certain amount on their accounts so that they don't overspend. Plus, you can't go wrong with the soda cards for the kids. They'd think Christmas has come early.:p

I'm not too sure if the Rhapsody has the 'Interactive TV' on their TV's.:confused:

Archived