How soon to make reservations??

momonmeds

Hi, we are booked on May 29 southbound Seward to Vancouver on Radiance of the seas. I know it's kind of early in the season, but I'm wondering how soon we need to make hotel and excursion reservations. Thanks!

We made ours as soon as we were sure what we wanted to do..You have plenty of time...I found that every excursion we took still had room for more people...Except the Adventure Bound cruise we took through Tracy Arm..Soo dont sweat it..take your time to be sure what you want to see and do!

Kelly

If you want an excursion that is extremely popular and has limited space (such as Harv & Marv out of Juneau or F.I.S.H.E.S. out of Icy Strait Point) I would book as soon as you are SURE you want that excursion. We really wanted to take F.I.S.H.E.S. during our May '09 cruise so we booked right away.

We are sailing on the Zaandam next August. I have booked about half of our excursions. This is mostly because I have been researching for months and know what we want to do, and partly because I'm so excited that I don't want to wait and risk not getting a particular excursion (esp. if it's a private one that only takes about 6 people--and we are already 4). HOwever, I think that in most cases, you probably have plenty of time.

We sail next July and had the tours we wanted the most booked by June of this year (Island Wings we booked last May). Most of the ones we wanted only take a small number of people (Island Wings, Harv & Marv and Capt. Davey) so we booked as soon as we had booked the cruise.

We sail early May and have already booked Harv and Marv, Island Wings and sent in our reservation request to Chilkoot Tours this morning. With so many people recommending these tours, I jumped at the chance to book early to avoid disappointment.

If you know what you want, go for it :)

Archived