What would you advise?

teacher2cruiser

I hope some of you answer before they move this thread. My mom and I will be on the Holiday the week before Thanksgiving, and I would very much appreciate your advice on what to do in Progresso if we don't want to book an excursion. I definitely want us to get off the boat for a bit.

Progreso is a beach town frequented by locals from nearby Merida. The water is very shallow for several miles out into the Gulf so you do not have the beautiful turquoise water of the Riviera Maya. Still the beach is a pleasant spot to relax, people watch and read.

A shuttle is provided from the boat to town. You will be dropped off by an open air market selling tourist items, t-shirts etc. From here the beach is three blocks south. Once on the beach front road you will have a choice of restaurants. Some have tables on the beach and waiters will serve you there. You can spend a very pleasant few hours just relaxing and having a nice lunch.

Market where you are dropped off.

1497127156080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Beach front

1497122622080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Restaurant provided tables and chairs. They are free to use with purchase.

1497123303080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Restaurant "The Old Man and the Sea"

1497125296080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Take the shuttle to the end of the pier (4 Miles) . Look for the autoprogresso podium. Spend 2.00 each on a double decker bus tour (20-25min) . When that is done, if you like massages, go to the beach and negotiate a massage for about 20.00-30.00 for 40 minutes. There are also resturants and bars along the beach front. Auto progresso also has other tours that are very inexpensive.

We are still trying to decide what to do, I think this port is a good one for just looking around and a bit of lazing on the beach. A massage doesn't sound half bad. We have a thread on the Holiday for 11/22, are you on there?

We are still trying to decide what to do, I think this port is a good one for just looking around and a bit of lazing on the beach. A massage doesn't sound half bad. We have a thread on the Holiday for 11/22, are you on there?

No, I don't guess I am on there. Explain please.

Archived